Jawbone "Up" Feedback...

Options
anj1030
anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
Hey Kids! I'm thinking about getting the Jawbone "Up". Does anyone have any input on it?? It obviously looks and sounds awesome...but I want to know if anyone else has tried it before making the purchase. Thanks!!!

Replies

• ColorfulWeirdo
    ColorfulWeirdo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to figure out what I wanted, this review was very helpful:
    http://www.getgrok.com/2013/01/a-comparative-review-28-days-with-the-fitbit-one-jawbone-up-nike-fuelband-and-bodymedia-link/

For what it's worth, I have the Jawbone Up. Since I can't take bluetooth into my work space, the Jawbone Up was my only option. However, if I could choose anything, I would absolutely choose the FitBit. My friends that have it love it.

The pros of the Jawbone for me:
    Barely even notice it's on my wrist.
    No problems syncing to my fitness pal
    Love the morning alarm clock
    Like the "power nap" option.
    Like the "idle" application that lets me know when I've been sitting still for more than one hour
    I walked with both it and a pedometer for awhile and both gave similar readings (maybe off by 20-25 steps which is very few in the grand scheme of things)

The cons of the Jawbone up for me:
    After less than a month of use, the battery has gone from 10 days to 6 days on each charge
    The Customer Service is so bad it's laughable
    Sometimes takes 6-7 times of plugging it into my iPhone to get it to actually sync
    Have to think about charging it two times a day.

Hope that helps!
  • ToddVH
    ToddVH Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had one for about a month now. It is pretty insightful. I personally really like the data from sleep patterns. I have sleep apnea and I can use this for when I go to see my doctor.