Sabotage

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
I am good about finding ways to resist temptation before it presents itself. I have strategies for dealing with tempting foods. One such strategy is I do not bring cash to the grocery store this time of year. Why? GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! I love them. I eat them all. I cannot be trusted with a box of thin mints. I know this about me and so I do not bring cash so that when some adorable little girl says "Would you like to buy some cookies?' I can say "Oh I am sorry I didn't bring any cash" No matter how bad I want the cookie or how adorable the little sales girl is the lack of cash is my fail safe devise. Tonight I went to Safeway cash free as planned. I made it into the store without incident. I did my shopping and went to leave. As expected some adorable little angel came up and asked "Do you want to buy some Thin Mints?" I said " Oh I would love some honey but I didn't bring any cash" Then the unexpected happened. Some random good Samaritan guy said "Hey I have an extra box! Here you go!" and placed a box of thin mints in my bag. It is fate I think... The cookies are calling to me.

Replies

• corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    hahah I was expecting to read something else with a title like "Sabotage". You're right, the cookies are calling you. Can you enjoy / log a few and leave the rest for coworkers?
  • corinic91
    Options
    Otherwise, images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGdC04ayfsrRkRFdx5tFICFDMUHt7Fe3lP9-UhFDT98Xs6gDPc_Bc5Jks
  • shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can freeze them & then when you reach a goal they will be there for you to enjoy. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That's not sabotage, that's kismet! I miss GS cookies so much. I need to hit up one of the rellos to mail some over.
  • triciab79
    Options
    Well at my current weight and the speed and elevation I currently use I burn 8 calories a minute on the treadmill. A thin mint is 40 calories so an entire box is merely 2hrs and 50 min extra on the treadmill. That is totally worth it!
  • corinic91
    Options
    shaunsmoot wrote: »
    You can freeze them & then when you reach a goal they will be there for you to enjoy. :)

PSH have you ever eaten a frozen thin mint? DIVINE. you don't have to wait for them to thaw, so in terms of limiting your access, notsomuch.

3hrs on the treadmill is nothing considering the deliciousness of girl scout cookies :smile:
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    corinic91 wrote: »

PSH have you ever eaten a frozen thin mint? DIVINE. you don't have to wait for them to thaw, so in terms of limiting your access, notsomuch.

3hrs on the treadmill is nothing considering the deliciousness of girl scout cookies :smile:

I was just thinking that!

I like to put the whole frozen cookie in my mouth and let the chocolate layer melt. Then awkwardly chew the rest.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Free box of Girl Scout cookies?! I gotta get me some of this sabotage.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

They DO freeze well...
  • triciab79
    Options
    Lol I am in maintenance really. I am just trying to trade some flab for muscle. The goal tracker says I have some to go but I am happy just trading fat pounds for muscle pounds. Girl Scout cookies would be allowed as a treat if I had any self control around them. I always end up behaving though and I am sure I will not eat so many that I cannot easily burn them off tomorrow. I just thought it was funny how my best laid plans were shattered by the will of the cookie gods.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of your sabotage. I wish someone would sabotage me....
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    hahaha! today, I asked for a girl scout cookie order form to stock up for the year. thanks for the giggle, this was NOT what I was expecting. :)
  • triciab79
    Options
    For the record I am up to an extra 15 min on the treadmill but I sent the rest of the box to school with my teens to share with their friends. :-)
  • Refrigerator1
    Refrigerator1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Throw a box in the back of the freezer. When summer rolls around and you are going to a BBQ, pull the box out and make a vanilla based ice cream in your ice cream maker. Add some mint extract, and in the last few minutes, add crumbled frozen cookies. Have a scoop or two and let everyone else enjoy the rest. Yum!!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I can't be trusted either - last year my BF thought it was a great idea to order like 6 boxes of a variety of them and put them in the freezer. Bad plan. I knew they were there and within 3 weeks, all the cookies made it into my belly.

This year, I ordered 1 box of Thin Mints. I'm portioning them out, putting them in freezer bags, and when I want them, I'll log it, and take 1 bag out. Not the whole box.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that guy is super nice and that girl was probably thinking "But I don't get more money if he does that!" hahahah. Seriously though. I couldn't give away those cookies. That guy impresses me.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I remember dieting and was confronted with a door-knocking girl scout and her mom. I agreed to buy and asked the girl scout what her favorite kind was. I forget what she said but I paid for them and told her mom to give her the cookies. Problem averted. I can't be trusted. If they are in my house they will be calling my name until I give in. It's easy to say no when they are not in my house. I can turn down anything. But when it's there... ugh. I would find a neighbor or friend and give them away.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Oops, just saw your last post. Good deal! You got a little treat and now the evil buggers are gone! Congrats!
  • triciab79
    Options
    I am crossing my fingers that none of the cookies come back home this afternoon. Last time I sent one of the boys off with a box of cookies half of them came back (and I ate them). I was like "What the heck! You couldn't find a single teenage girl who needed a chocolate fix?"
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Once time I was so excited to buy the cookies that I left my card in the ATM next to the table. That actually helped turn me off - I got money on my mind ALL the time lol.