I'm falling apart here!

Options
I feel like I'm gaining weight. While i am 400 pounds that I know of anyways, and I'm 5'3''. My back has been killing me for the last few days, REALLY BAD. like it hurts to walk and bend over.
my motivation is falling, i feel like a fat pig that is gross and revolting.
I find myself constantly snacking weather its good food or bad I'm eating it. The only reason I'm not pigging out today is because i feel sick to my stomach.

any tips on what I can do to curb my uncontrollable appetite, my overwhelming depression of my self image. and what about my back!

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor about your issues?

The best things that you can do on your own are to start moving (even if it is only walking) and to start tracking your food. Build up good new habits one or two at a time and keep adding new things slowly.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Please see a doctor about your back, and you should see someone about your depression. Those are things we probably can't help you with, although there are lots of people on here who are very knowledgeable about mindless eating or binge eating. Try searching the forums, and you'll find a lot of good information about how to control your eating.

You don't need to exercise at all to lose weight, although it helps. Just walking is the best place to start, although you may or may not be able to, depending on what's going on with your back.

Start here: plug your current stats into MFP and see what it gives you. You can tell it you want to lose 2 pounds a week. If you just eat the goal it gives you, without changing anything else -- no exercise, no changes to the types of food you're eating -- you will start to lose weight.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
  • faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When I first started I hurt all the time, in my back, my legs and my hips. It was because I was not used to moving. It was only bad enough to take advil a couple of times, the rest of the time I didn't take anything. It was, literally, a painful reminder of what I had done to myself. After a little while it went away.

I have to get back into it. I've spent the last year fighting bad depression and other traumatic circumstances. Because of that, I gained back 40 of the 70 lbs I lost. I am struggling to fight my stupid evil self that insists on force-feeding me all the time. :angry:

Forgive yourself. Accept that you are human and have this challenge to face. Celebrate that you got on here to get help. Forget the number of lbs you think you weigh. Start with something small, an 'easy' change. Could be something as easy as parking farther away at the grocery store (assuming your dr clears you regarding any injuries you have). It might be one step forward, two steps back, but as long as we keep moving forward it will happen. Let it cascade naturally from there. That's how I did it the first time, and how I intend to get back to the road I want to be on.

We can do this :smile:
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm gaining weight. While i am 400 pounds that I know of anyways, and I'm 5'3''. My back has been killing me for the last few days, REALLY BAD. like it hurts to walk and bend over.
    my motivation is falling, i feel like a fat pig that is gross and revolting.
    I find myself constantly snacking weather its good food or bad I'm eating it. The only reason I'm not pigging out today is because i feel sick to my stomach.

any tips on what I can do to curb my uncontrollable appetite, my overwhelming depression of my self image. and what about my back!

Do you have a primary doctor? I would start there with a full physical including blood work.

No matter your weight or state of mind the place to start is with a medical doctor. Your back could be hurting from muscle strain, UTI, kidney infection, and so on. The best thing to do is to get some medical help at this point, esp. if your back is hurting.

I am glad that you reached out here. Sending you (hugs) .

0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey, you look fab in your photo - wish I was in my early twenties again! My daughter is roughly the same age as you and she's also prone to putting on weight; make sure you get some support from members on this site who are at the same stage of life as yourself, because they can best understand how you're feeling and the challenges you face (cheese pizza anyone?). Great that you've come on here and made a start - take baby steps, get those stats keyed in and make this the first day of your new life. And know this - at 23 you have all your life ahead of you and every reason in the world to look after yourself. Someone said in a post that you've got to really reach the bottom before you start looking for the way up, and it sounds like you're there, so take whatever help you can get from here, from family, friends, your doctor, enlist a whole army behind you to help you succeed. Everyone is behind you, everyone will cheer you on - but you've gotta make that first step. Good luck and god bless.
  • sahead710
    sahead710 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with them above see and talk to a doctor about not only the pain you're feeling but also get his or her advice on weight loss and where you are at when it comes to ability to exercise. A little can go a long way EVERYONE starts small so listen to your body it will tell you what you can do and what you can't.
    It might be a good idea to also see a therapist, sometimes the overeating that we are thinking is because of excessive hunger might be stress eating or emotional eating and if you can identify the cause of that you can take measures to combat it. I am a total emotional eater when I'm sad when stuff is going wrong food is my friend so I know what you're feeling.
    I am definitely a terrible culprit when it comes to putting myself down, but I know that I feel better and it happens less when I know that I am working on it and giving it my all,
    I wish you luck, please don't give up, in a year or so you'll be so happy and I know a year is a long time but that time will pass whether you do this or don't.
    Feel free to add me so we can support each other! :)
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Alice has some very wise words and some wonderful tips, and guides for you......

I am so sorry to hear that your feeling so down and in pain, take heart that often we humans need the impact of hitting an all time low to start the journey forward and up out of the pit that we find ourselves in.

Mentally though.....negative self talk is damaging. I believe that assessing the situation with clear honesty and not hiding behind excuses without the need to condemn yourself a better more life enhancing option.

You are so young, that makes the chance to change all that more doable and worthwhile. Believe me the older you getter weight loss and regaining control over out of control eating behaviours and the opportunity to build a healthy, strong body become all the harder.

Please do get yourself checked out medically for the pain. I would also encourage you to seek help and support with your eating behaviours and any the overwhelming depression you speak of needn't be faced alone. Maybe if you aren't supported properly the 'out of control' eating is your way of "self medicating" to soothe your depression.....there are so many other options and I am sure you are not alone in this struggle.

You have been very very courageous by posting this......keep up with that get help and then you will feel more able to tackle coming and using MFP to help shed the weight. Surround yourself with support IRL and on here, there are alot of incredible success stories of others with more weight to lose that started their journey a similar dark place as you and they are inspirational, it can be done, and you are definitely worth it.

Take care and all the best.
  • BirdyWeirdy77
    BirdyWeirdy77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I never saw a doctor which was probe by a bad move bu r my back is fine now. .. just the normal lower back pain I have everyday from a bulged disc.. I have been still going over my calories, but by much less... I was going over by like 900, now I'm only over by like 200.. physically I feel better. And I found a short cut, when ur craving chocolate really bad which I'd a daily thing for me, there is chocolate flavored coconut water. It tastes just like chocolate milk. And it's much better for u on soo many levels