Isometrics - Full Body Workout in 90 Seconds

Options
cs2ymc
cs2ymc Posts: 9
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been doing isometrics for a little while now and there is a vast difference in how my clothes are fitting. I'm slowly getting back into cardio, but have to take it easier than I would like to at the moment, so this has been a god-send for me.

I do a full body workout in roughly 90 seconds with isometrics and it leaves me feeling so good, like I just hiked up the side of a mountain, but without the hassle...lol. It's quite taxing on the central nervous system, and it took a bit of practice before I could remember to breathe comfortably through the process, but now it's old hat... (Anyone with high blood pressure should talk to their doctor before trying this. He/she might tell you to remember to breathe through the whole workout and go ahead with it, but to be on the safe side, ask first.)

Is there anyone else who has tried or is doing this type of work out? I'd love to know what you're progress has been...

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    What holds do you perform? I incorporate static holds (isometrics) into my workouts quite often. Levers, L-sits, planche leans, flags.
  • cs2ymc
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Man, I didn't know there were actual names, lol. I just grab an elbow and push and pull for dear life :) I'm looking to get more out of the adominal moves. Right now I just push out and hold, then pull in and hold. Can you describe a good one for me to try? Another question I have is how can I measure how many calories I've burned doing this type of workout? I tried plugging into My Fitness Pal system but there are no results from the search.
  • biletska
    Options
    I would be very curious to know what's in a 90 second isometric workout!
  • mrskirkwood2013
    mrskirkwood2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes what's in this workout
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't think you'll get a full body workout in 90 seconds. But isometrics are great for people who don't have a lot strength to do body weight exercises.
    For example, if one can't do a push up, then one would press their hands (palm to palm) against each other as hard as they can in front of the chest to stimulate pec/shoulder/triceps and to help build some strength. Key is pushing as hard as one can during the interval.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• cs2ymc
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's for anyone at any fitness level; from the bedridden to the bodybuilder. Every muscle group is taxed to its limit for 7-10 seconds, I would say that's a full body workout.

mrskirkwood2013 @‌ biletska here's the dictionary definition:

Exercise or a system of exercises in which isometric muscular contraction is used to strengthen and tone muscles, performed by the exertion of effort against resistance, usually of a stationary object.

If you search out YouTube you should find a few guys demonstrating the moves, including the 90 second workout.

I can tell you that it has lifted my butt like nobodies business in a few short weeks. I eased into it in the beginning and now perform it often throughout the day. My jeans fit a heck of a lot better for the effort.