Weight gain

Options
Does anyone have a good diet for weight gain??? I can't seem to find anything that works.

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    What are you eating now for calories and how much are you burning per day? How much are you aiming to gain and are you looking at mostly muscle or fat?
  • joannaspanos
    Options
    I eat 2150 calories a day and train 3-4 times a wk. I would like a balance of both muscle and fat. I weigh 107 pounds at 5'6
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I eat 2150 calories a day and train 3-4 times a wk. I would like a balance of both muscle and fat. I weigh 107 pounds at 5'6

The best diet for weight gain would be just eat a sensible, balanced diet with about 1g of protein per pound of body weight, so about 100-110g/day for you (yes this is too much if you look it up but it will work), and about .45g of fat per pound of body weight so about 50g of fat. That will give you about 900 calories and then the rest can be carbs, fats, or proteins as you like but you should probably aim for at least 200g of carbs to help fuel your workouts.

Make sure you meet all of your daily nutritional requirements for micro nutrients, good fats, and fiber. If you eat enough fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats then the rest of your food can be whatever you like -- even "junk" food if you have room in your calorie budget for it.

The important thing here is calories and your exercises. If you find you are not gaining then just eat more. Up your daily calorie intake by 100 per day each week or two until you start gaining.
  • joannaspanos
    Options
    The way you mention above is how I break up my diet, still not gaining....I will up my calories and se what happens. Thanks for your help.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    The way you mention above is how I break up my diet, still not gaining....I will up my calories and se what happens. Thanks for your help.

Upping your intake is always the answer. Best of luck! :)