Not losing. Plateau?

I started a little over a month ago, lost 8lbs in the beginning but I have been stuck at the same weight for a few weeks now. I'm always under my 1200 cal goal, barely eat gluten and have increased my exercise. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    WTG on the 8 pounds! A plateau is about 10 weeks of no loss.You're just on a little stall, keep doing what you're doing, it will come.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    First questions you will always get are, Do you weigh and measure all your food?
    Also, have you put your new weight into mfp? It will automatically reduce your calories. So you may be eating at your maintenance level at the moment? ?
  • Yes I have adjusted my weight. Pretty sure fit pal won't let anyone go below 1200. It gives me trouble every time I do :neutral_face:
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    I would mess around with your calories- sometimes people stall because their eating too many or too little calories. For a stall I usually have a couple days where I'll eat 200 more calories than I normally do and it'll kickstart me right back up. :)

Great job on the loss and keep messing with your intake until you find the sweet spot!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Your likely not eating enough! What is your height and weight?
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    You're pissing off your body and its fighting back. Eat more.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Do you have Celiac disease? You say you barely eat gluten, but unless you have an issue, it's totally irrelevant to weight loss

I've actually heard people say that 'gluten makes you fat'. Not true.

Just checking :)
  • How in the world could eating more make me lose more? Or do you suggest that I eat more for a little bit and then go back down?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    not eating enough is not the reason for her stall. that doesn't make any sense. it isn't even a stall at only a few weeks. weightloss isn't linear.

also, gluten is irrelevant
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Can you open your diary? Most likely it's that you're eating too much rather than not enough.
  • debergk
    debergk Posts: 1 Member
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    You're pissing off your body and its fighting back. Eat more.

I agree! You likely need to be eating more or your body will begin thinking it needs to be in starvation mode. Use one of the tools to calculate your BMR.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2015
    Anything less than 1200 calories a day is going to put your metabolism in shut down or starvation mode. Our bodies have their own brains, and a few thousand years of genetics tells them what to do, in periods of not enough food around.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    hearthwood wrote: »
    Anything less than 1200 calories a day is going to put your metabolism in shut down or starvation mode. Our bodies have their own brains, and a few thousand years of genetics tells them what to do.

no, really it won't. do you see starving people in africa stalled on weightloss?