Valentine's Day Strategies

Options
Valentine's Day is coming up. My husband and I have tickets to a special concert with the local philharmonic symphony. Part of the cost of our tickets is a chocolate themed dinner at a near by restaurant. I don't want to wake up Sunday morning regretting my food choices, but I don't know how much wiggle room I have within the planned menu. What strategies are you planning to employ on a day full of candy and decadent desserts?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest. It's only one day, and even if I go over, I'm not going to gain fat from one day to the next. Water retention? Sure, most likely, but I'm not going to freak out over that. I didn't get fat in one day... But I will be guesstimating as much as possible. I will still log whatever I eat. :drinker:
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Eat however you want to eat. One day of potential over-eating won't make you gain all the weight you lost back/prevent you from losing. So... eat a dessert?
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are going rockclimbing, swimming, maybe catch a movie and then donating blood the following day.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good Lord just enjoy the day. It is one day. Be smart.
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm going out with my bf, drinking wine, eating chocolate and getting back on track the next day. I'll log estimates of what I'm eating so I know what I did, but I won't feel bad about it, and neither should you :wink:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Is this the wrong thread in which to confess I already bought a large bag of Valentine's Day-themed Kitkats and can't wait for the rest of the candy to go on sale? Oh, and I don't have kids.

OP, enjoy the dinner. It only happens once a year. :)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Real Talk Valentine's strategies:

If your partner is female: Tell her in detail how hot she is.
    If your partner is male: Be naked, tell him it's because he's so hot.

Profit.
  • nissanmama
    nissanmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOL! I love everyone's sense of humor. I guess my issue is that there is always a reason to celebrate in my world. Everyday is a holiday and that strategy got me 70 pounds overweight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the day. A handful of days (birthdays/holidays/celebrations) out of three hundred and sixty-five will not derail you in the long run.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I take one day off a week to indulge, and I'm still losing. enjoying valentine's day is not going ruin everything. go, have fun. no regrets allowed. :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    nissanmama wrote: »
    LOL! I love everyone's sense of humor. I guess my issue is that there is always a reason to celebrate in my world. Everyday is a holiday and that strategy got me 70 pounds overweight.

Every day is not a holiday. Just enjoy yourself. :noway:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It shall be enjoyed. No idea what plans, if any that the hubby is making. If it involves chocolate or food, they will be enjoyed to the fullest and then I'll go back to my regular logging next day.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Just eat sensibly and go for an extra work out. I feel like people say "it's just one day!" every day... Not everything needs to be a reason to over indulge.
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How about giving the restaurant a ring and seeing if they can provide you with a detailed copy of the menu beforehand? They're bound to get asked all the time by people who have specific food requirements. That way you can map out your strategy.......good luck - if it was me I'd bring a large handbag to stash any choccies left over at the meal and munch my way through them during the concert. At least chocolate isn't noisy so it wouldn't disturb the other concert-goers! Enjoy it, what a faaabulous night out dahling!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's just another day in the scheme of things. Eat, log, move on.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's Valentines Day. Eat what you want, then burn it all off ;)
  • pasandoval
    pasandoval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    It's just another day in the scheme of things. Eat, log, move on.

that's exactly right
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1. Give your ticket to me.
    2. I'll enjoy all the desserts in your stead
    3. ???
    4. Profit
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my strategy is eat whatever candy/junk i want and be nice to myself