Need help building confidence back up

Options
Hi MFP Friends,

I am looking for support from some of the most amazing and encouraging people in the world, you guys. I need help in finding my life balance, strength and courage again. I think I lost my confidence (along with my keys) somewhere along the way so if one of you finds them, please let me know. In all seriousness, my story is a little different. I started my journey 4 1/2 years ago at 346.6 lbs. Since then, I dropped 152 lbs and got down to 194 lbs. That 194 was almost 2 years ago. Since then, I fell in love with a man that ended up not feeling the same way (I got the friends card). It broke my confidence but I am not going to let it break me. I was hoping that I could connect with you guys to help me build my self-esteem back up. In turn, I will help you with your goals and motivation as well. My goal is to reach 185 and when I do, my trainer has promised to take me skydiving! As we all know, you can't really begin to change your body until you change your mind and the way that you think about yourself. Thanks for your time and support and I hope to chat with you soon.

Replies

• NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of all you have accomplished:) I am aware of what breakups and bad relationships can do to the soul. Just know you are worth all the time and hard work you have put into yourself. Feel free to friend request if you could use the extra support.
  • Happinessgrl
    Happinessgrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words and support Nikki! They certainly help. :)
  • fabulousmomma
    fabulousmomma Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I like encouraging others and to be encouraged as well! Your doing the right thing, by putting the effort in:) all the best to you!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I'm in for anyone whose goal/motivation is skydiving. That makes you awesome independent of any SO-having-status. It's the most amazing thing in the universe. The first jump is life-changing. The rest of them are...bank account-changing.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I was expecting a note that you had regained the weight, but it sounds rather like you shed the boyfriend. It stings more if they do the rejecting, but I am guessing he did you a favour. You totally deserve someone who loves you back. 185 sounds totally do-able. I love that you are staying active and doing new things.

I ended up telling my eighteen month story of extreme weight loss to my physiotherapist yesterday and when I was done he told me I could be a motivational speaker, LOL. He's going to help me keep my knees strong so I can reach my running goals.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on perspective about the relationship. That's huge. You can do this. You are not your relationship status.
  • Happinessgrl
    Happinessgrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Man, you guys are so awesome! who knew that people I have never met could put such a big smile on my face. The old saying really is true... strangers are just friends that you have not met yet.
  • xodianedxo
    xodianedxo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new here and just read your post. I think what you've accomplished is amazing and you deserve to feel great about yourself!! I'm here if you need me!