16wks pregnant confused

Options
Hi Everyone, i havent been on here much lately and as a result have gained a bit of my weight back :-(, i am also 16 weeks pregnant and am trying to eat healthily. My problem was that during my 1st trimester i was suffering with a quite bad feeling of nausea all day every day, i felt hungry all the time but the only foods that stopped this feeling was carbs really, which before i was pregnant i tried to cut out as much as poss. i now feel quite bloated and uncomfortable.

Im still fitting in my size 10 (UK) trousers (although cannot get the buttons done up over the bump) without the need of maternity trousers at the moment, but i am very concious of gaining too much weight. at my midwife appointment my BMI was 27 which im unhappy with but she told me that this was OK and i shouldnt try and lose weight?

im really looking for advice on how many calories i should be looking to consume a day, as all the info im reading is giving me conflicting advice. Also, what exercises are suitable to help woth not only keeping me fit but also toning me up? i purchased some pregnancy fitness DVDs (Erin O'Brien) but finding it hard to get into, im not a runner so want something else i can do. Im a fan of Davinas workouts and have carried on doing the 'bootcamp' section of her ultimate target DVD, does anybody know if i am OK to keep doing this?

thanks

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Switch your calories to maintance and add about 250 calories to that (plus any calories you burn through exercise). Don't eat at a deficit or exercise too hard while pregnant. You shouldn't try to lose weight when pregnant.

For exercise routines, speak with a doctor. You don't want to push yourself too much. Focus on having a healthy baby right now instead of losing weight.