Tell me that I'm not the only one...

Options
2»

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only person in the history of my Gold's Gym location who has ever actually used the Smith Machine.

sounds like a gym full of people who know what they are doing.

If you fail to understand that the Smith Machine has its place, then you don't know nearly as much as you think you probably do.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    I think I'm the only person in the history of my Gold's Gym location who has ever actually used the Smith Machine.

So, your gym is really filled with smart people.

I'm one of the few at mine who doesn't. The movements just feel soooo unnatural. Just my opinion of course.

The movements definitely feel unnatural yes, but it's done a lot more for me than the squat rack could have, given what I have to work with when it comes to trying to work out through balance and basic motor control problems.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    More people should. It's unbelievable the number of people I've seen fall off those things and if they'd had theirs on, they might have been able to recover.

I find it's more men than women that avoid them.

note: I haven't used a gym regularly in four years.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    More people should. It's unbelievable the number of people I've seen fall off those things and if they'd had theirs on, they might have been able to recover.

I've done worse, lol, I've actually fallen off an elliptical.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I use it too. I've never fell/flown off it, but I sure as heck don't wanna find out what that is like.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I've done worse, lol, I've actually fallen off an elliptical.

:flowerforyou:

My mom in law fell off her bike in our spinning class. It's so hard not to laugh when you see that (I know it's awful) but it just looks like such classic slapstick comedy but in the high definition of real life.