70 Pounds Gone! Halfway there...w/pics

jnv7594
jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
edited February 2015 in Success Stories
Hi, everyone. I'm at the half way point on my weight loss trail, but I wanted to share my success so far. All of this started back in July when I realized what a toll my poor health was taking on my young daughter emotionally. I found her at night on two different occasions crying in her room when she though I was asleep. She was so worried about something happening to me because I was overweight. She told me through tears that she didn't want me to leave her alone (I am a single mom and she is my only child). So I promised her I would change, and I did. We started out slow taking walks together, and then after a few weeks, I started counting calories. I've had a few bumps in the road along the way, but I am now so much happier and healthier, and most important, so is my daughter. :) We are now active together, playing kickball, going for walks, bike rides, etc. I only wish I had started sooner. Now I am down 70 pounds (as of today) and half way to my goal. I have a long way to go still, but I am now confident I can do it because of everything I've learned here. For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to summer and the promise I made to my kiddo that we would go horseback riding when I hit my goal weight. That is my reward. While it devastated me that I worried my daughter so much over something I did to myself, something that was so preventable, I honestly think she saved my life. I was heading down a bad path, and nearing 40, it was really taking a toll on my health.

Oh, and today something great happened. About five months ago, I tried doing some Leslie Sansone walk aerobics. I couldn't do it. I was in too much pain and just wasn't ready physically. Today I wanted to try it again, so I challenged myself to a 3 mile/45 minute walk aerobic video, and I did it! I broke a bit of a sweat, but I did it easily. Just a reminder to myself how far I've come. :)

July 2014...294 pounds

z0kqfua918zl.jpg

February 2015...224 pounds

bof20a7ss8c8.jpg

July 2014

pjv9tfmbyb18.jpg

January 2015

prxwlc44giai.jpg

Replies

• jnv7594
    Sorry for the grainy pictures by the way. A couple were taken with my webcam. :)
  • lds818
    lds818 Posts: 15 Member
    Your beautiful!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Amazing progress!! You probably have the best motivation I've ever read on this site. I'm so proud of you for taking it to heart. Keep up the great work!
  • sangeet1978
    sangeet1978 Posts: 20 Member
    Awesome sauce...neat transformation! Way to go girl.
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Good for you! You look so much more fit. Keep it going!
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Congrats, keep up the good work! :)
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Congrats! You look healthy and happy!
  • jnv7594
    Thanks everyone. :)
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Congrats! Love the husker shirt! My hubby bought me a husker jacket for xmas. Doesnt fit yet but it will! :smiley:
  • Congrats! You're such an inspiration
  • Monetp60
    Monetp60 Posts: 24 Member
    Way to go! Good job:)
  • 1DEF
    1DEF Posts: 45 Member
    Wonderful story. You look great--and it will only get better. Enjoy your horseback ride come summer!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    You are doing AWESOME, keep up the hard work
  • Thank your little girl for us! Now we can ALL enjoy your being around much longer as a healthier person. Keep it up and put that "before" pic of you in your purse as a reminder to NEVER GIVE UP! Your story is inspiring so many people as you can see ;)
  • mummyappleseed
    mummyappleseed Posts: 42 Member
    Brilliant x well done x
  • RachelNichole85
    RachelNichole85 Posts: 39 Member
    Congrats! I am sure you are teaching your daughter a lot about ambition, courage and dedication! Good luck! You look fab!
  • Joybirdie123
    Joybirdie123 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm inspired, congrats you look beautiful!!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Congratulations on all your hard work to get to where you are today, and... bless your daughter for being the spark that you needed :-)
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    edited February 2015
    Actually quite emotional reading your post. It's lovely that you have done this together and also have a healthier future to enjoy. :D
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Looking good, Go Big Red!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!