Log exercise on MFP or fitbit adjustment?

Which way is best to log exercise? Should I log on MFP, or can I have my fitbit automatically do it for me?? If I want to have my fitbit make the exercise adjustment how do I get it to do that?

Replies

• paperklutz
    paperklutz Posts: 36 Member
    I think the fitbit is more accurate, so I let it import my activities into MFP. As for how to do it, i'm not sure what model you have. I have an older model, clip style, and i just press and hold the button to "start" and "stop" recording an exercise.
  • DSkoppy
    DSkoppy Posts: 25 Member
    I just got the surge.... But I don't know how to get it to input my exercise calories into mfp.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    I just got the charge and as soon as I linked it to MFP it started doing it automatically. But it doesn't do the whole "Al has burnt X doing X" which makes my need for attention sad.

If you haven't linked it yet, scroll up to the top of the page and click "apps" then click on the firbit app. You log in with your fitbit login and give it permission and they start talking. Just a warning, it updates everything, I logged a weight in Fitbit the other day, not planning on it being an 'official' weigh in and it posted straight to MFP.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    I found that my fitbit burns were wonky so I disconnected it from MFP.
  • DSkoppy
    DSkoppy Posts: 25 Member
    I just got the charge and as soon as I linked it to MFP it started doing it automatically. But it doesn't do the whole "Al has burnt X doing X" which makes my need for attention sad.

If you haven't linked it yet, scroll up to the top of the page and click "apps" then click on the firbit app. You log in with your fitbit login and give it permission and they start talking. Just a warning, it updates everything, I logged a weight in Fitbit the other day, not planning on it being an 'official' weigh in and it posted straight to MFP.

Great thanks I'll try that