Call all my ladies

please tips and help!!! How do you push through during the big P, you know when your friend is in town? It's really hard for me to work out I get so lethargic!

Replies

• AussieShaytard
    AussieShaytard Posts: 16 Member
    I get extremely bad cramps during that time. I also find it difficult to work out, I try to rest until I am able to move then push myself to do whatever I am able to.
    You have to get your energy from some where, I pull my energy from being so sick and tired of being the "fat person" I am trying to get away from and nothing will get in my way of doing so, not even cramps that have me doubled over in tears for hours at a time.

I hope you find the energy you need, you will feel so much better after the workout as well.
  • mrsjefa
    mrsjefa Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks so much! I will keep pushing!
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    I find when satan visits, i cramp for a day but I don't stop working out. It helps alleviate some pain and lessens satan's presence. I call it satan because its awful and hideous. I just work through it.

Good luck.
  • paigeellyn
    paigeellyn Posts: 3 Member
    Ibuprofen and tons of water. :) It totally sucks, but working out helps the moody-ness anyway!
  • Yea I agree. Just gotta keep pushing ourselves. Later looking back we'll appreciate it!
  • jbreschermfp
    jbreschermfp Posts: 1 Member
    Sometimes I'll push myself, but if I feel super awful I'll take a rest day or just do something super light (like walking). Live to train another day.
  • I get awful period symptoms, including nausea. Back when I was running (before my knee injury), I would just compromise and give it 50%. Okay, sometimes less. To make up for it I would train really hard before and after my period. Kind of took that time of the months as 'recovery days.' We all need them!