Losing Baby Weight

Options
Hi

I had my little one on 1st January 2015 and now trying to shift my baby weight. I'm worried that cause this is my 2nd baby that it's going to be a lot harder to shift this time and that I'll lose motivation. I was going to join weight watchers or slimming world classes to get me motivated, but I thought I'd try here first and see if there was anyone in the same position

Yvonne

Replies

• goodmanlizzie123
    Options
    I had my little man 8 months ago and wish i started earlier losing the baby weight x
  • jowilliams2010
    Options
    Hi! I've also just had baby no 2.really needing some motivation so I've just downloaded this app although I've stuffed my face with easy/quick/fattening foods all day so far! Oops!
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My wife is now pregnant with #3 and she actually had an easier time transitioning after the second one than she did the first. I guess she knew what to expect from her body the second time around.
  • amber32707
    amber32707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just had baby number 4. He's 8 weeks old. Add me and we can help each other stay on track. :)
  • muchb16
    Options
    I had my third baby just 4 months ago and have been using this app to help loose weight for about 2 months. It has been going really great so far, but now I really need some more motivation!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I had my third 9 months ago and have been losing weight pretty much since she was born lol, but I still have a bit to go. I always gain loads in pregnancy, doesn't matter what I do.

I actually ended up much slimmer after my 2nd than I did after my first. Then again, I did get pregnant again when my first was 13 months haha.

Believe me, you'll be wanting to escape to the gym soon as that's the only break you get (or is that just me who goes to the gym to relax?!).

Feel free to add me.
  • lokikatt79
    lokikatt79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had my baby on January 1st too :) I've lost all my baby weight but was really overweight before I got pregnant, so am just trying to lose that!
  • JennEason1
    JennEason1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Babies are such a gift, you are a blessed lady! =) Now, my experience is with the baby weight after only one baby so maybe my advice is invalid but I will share anyway. It was really hard for me to be motivated, especially since I was at the mercy of all the friends and family bringing me delicious meals. A lot of which were very fatting and not healthy. But I decided to cut myself some slack and had the mindset to enjoy the time I had with my baby and try not to hate my body. I decided that I would worship the body that just gave birth to my amazing son. With that new mindset I started working out again about 4 weeks post baby. I decided to not worry about the scale and instead set little goals for myself. I would walk 5mins longer the next day. I would lift 5lbs heavier the next leg day. I focused on getting stronger and becoming a better version of myself and the weight just sort of took care of itself. There is no greater motivation than progress!!!!!

The diet was a struggle. I knew that there would be days that the convenient pizza and fast food would take over but I didn't let it ruin everything. Sure I just ate pizza for lunch but I moved on and made sure I had a healthy/nutritious dinner for myself. Don't let one meal ruin your whole day. But the time my son was 6 months old I was 3lbs from my pre-baby weight.

Congrats again and good luck!
  • sbrumett09
    sbrumett09 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Baby #2 on 12-1. I'm worried about keeping my motivation as well! Add me and we can keep each other motivated :)
  • Ywilliams82
    Ywilliams82 Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    slittle80 wrote: »
    My wife is now pregnant with #3 and she actually had an easier time transitioning after the second one than she did the first. I guess she knew what to expect from her body the second time around.

I hope it's the same for me too
  • Ywilliams82
    Options
    Hi! I've also just had baby no 2.really needing some motivation so I've just downloaded this app although I've stuffed my face with easy/quick/fattening foods all day so far! Oops!

We'll just have to motivate each other lol
  • Ywilliams82
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For some strange reason it is not letting me add you all as friends on here. If you want to add me that would great and we can all motivate each other. :smiley:
  • leeswain23
    Options
    I've had 2 babies 13 months apart so I didn't get chance to lose my baby weight from my 2nd child before my 3rd was on his way. He's now 9 months old and I have put off losing weight for so long now I've finally decided now is the time I still very new as well this is my 3rd week with exercising and dieting but only been on here a week and I've lost 9lb in these 3 weeks If I can do it anyone can do it :smile: xx
  • suehaynee
    suehaynee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just had my little one on Monday. I've gained 60 pounds plus I was already obese! I need the help too. Need friends to keep me motivated! Please add me!
  • kcuevas10
    kcuevas10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I gained over 60 lbs with both of my pregnancies. The first one, I lost the weight within months, and the second baby took a year. I was going to boxing classes and walking but nothing seemed to happen until I incorporated P90x.
  • Ywilliams82
    Options
    kcuevas10 wrote: »
    I gained over 60 lbs with both of my pregnancies. The first one, I lost the weight within months, and the second baby took a year. I was going to boxing classes and walking but nothing seemed to happen until I incorporated P90x.

What did you think of P90x? I've done insanity & T25 but looking for something different this time around
  • Ywilliams82
    Options
    I gained 41lbs but want to lose 55lbs in total. Already lost 17.5lbs so 37.5lbs :'(:#