Fat...to fit...to somewhere in the middle...

Options
2»

Replies

• twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    congratulation on not gaining back all your weight and then some, You do look great a very pretty young lady, BTW Great Post.
  • SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You could be me! I was 160 lbs at 5'7 (so never obese, but I was overweight). I got down to 130lbs, would eat really well and work out almost every day. Yoga, Muay Thai, cycling, you name it. Then the boyfriend moved in, became a husband, and I spent less time meal planning and exercising... and the weight has now crept back to 147lbs.

It's funny, because as you pointed out, I'm still as fit as I've ever been, if not more so. I ran my first half marathon in January 2015 and felt amazing. I hiked, biked and kayaked my way 240kms across Costa Rica last April. I did my first century ride in June 2014. I have to accept responsibility for the lapses that got me here (hello, pizza. We see each other too often) because while I'm still a healthy, normal weight and in shape, I know that I can be better and less plush around the midsection.

Good luck to you with your goals!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous woman whatever the size - wishing you the best on the final leg of you goal. I am trying to lose the last ten pounds - it's hard
  • torihahn464
    Options
    So I am new to this app as I was using a different one. I know that reading success stories helps give me that additional push when boredom and nonsense eating starts creeping in. I am glad I read your story especially since I can relate to all or most of it. I too had lots a lot Of weight over 80 pounds. Then suddenly found myself starting over by myself with my daughter and left our home in a foreign country to start new in my hometown in USA. That's when the weight came back on. Over 30 pounds sadly found it's way back. After slowly building my life back together and finding a better job I now can focus on making working out a priority like it once was. Even 30 mins during the weekdays and extra on weekends is way better than nothing!!!!
    Keep it a priority remember this is to make you a better healthier person and keep at it!!!
    Thanks for sharing your story!
  • gettinleanin2015
    gettinleanin2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've just realised there were responses left unacknowledged! So sorry folks, especially with such lovely comments. Thank you.

All going well - I may be bigger but I also think I'm a bit older and wiser than when I was a training machine, and have been taking it in my stride. Here's to not dreading summer!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!