Options
13»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes know that :)
    And going perfect i lose 1.5 pound a week.

I am on a monitored program so i wont mess with it till the next check up.
    1/4 eating back seems to be right for me.
    My average a day is 600 burned calories ( 6 times a week)
    So i end up around the 1325 calories a day

The last test results were excellent, nothing to short of ( so to say)
    And i am fine with eating what i eat so no problems there. We are upping it slowly and see how i do.

Lost 64 pounds so far since the first of October 2014 ( this is of course with the first ridiculous huge amount of water weight when i started)
    Now it is steady as we go ;)

( i do this for medical reasons btw)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great.

Trying to stick to the OP's original question, though, since I feel like we've derailed her thread enough already. Hopefully the math explanation is useful for people.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

This is because 1200 calories is the lowest that MFP will set for a woman (and 1500 calories the lowest for a man).

I checked this out and either MFP doesn't know I'm a dude or it sets everybody's minimum at 1200. That is coincidentally what I would need to set it at for 2.1/lbs a week. I promptly re-set it to 2000 but it let me set those goals.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I checked this out and either MFP doesn't know I'm a dude or it sets everybody's minimum at 1200. That is coincidentally what I would need to set it at for 2.1/lbs a week. I promptly re-set it to 2000 but it let me set those goals.

Okay, I hadn't actually tested this, I'd just been under the impression that 1500 was the floor calorie setting for men. Not sure if this is a glitch or a feature of the site. In any case, yeah, 2000 calories sounds way more reasonable for you.