To Fitbit or not to Fitbit?

Options
Morning all,

I'm seriously considering getting a Fitbit, or something like it. The MisFit Shine looks interesting as well. Pro's? Con's? Other products? Just looking to see if it would be $100 well spent.

Thanks!

Replies

• fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit zip because it's the most accurate pedometer I've ever owned. However, you have to keep in mind that you can't outsmart it. Meaning, if it shows that you have burned 300 calories from your steps, that doesn't mean you should feel "ok" when you go over your calories by 300.

I catch myself sometimes coming in under my calorie goal on here, but the exercise is added in and although I think its ok to eat back some of your calories, you will have greater success if you don't eat them all back.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex. I don't wear it anymore. I think it's fine but I found myself being preoccupied with steps. I work out religiously but somehow felt like a slacker if I didn't get 10,000 steps in! Also, the flex wrist band design is flawed; so easy to lose the fitbit. My friend lost her (and then her husband found it) and bought the fitbit charge instead. I think it's $150. It's a watch-like device and also does Heartrate and othe stuff the flex doesn't. If I had to do it all over again, I would get that. I don't know about the MisFit Shine but I'd go onto Amazon or another site and carefully read reviews.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge. I like it. It keeps me focused and motivated. I don't hit the 10k steps every day esp in the winter. I go by the TDEE calories on the fitbit and it appears to be fairly accurate. The flex is about $100, the charge is 129.99.

There are two different Charges. The HR and the non HR. I have the non HR. I don't need the constant HR monitoring.
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Options
    In for the opinions. I am also looking to possibly buy one. I have a Polar FT4 that I wear during my walks and workouts.