QUESTION FOR THE LADIES!

Options
So quick question! I don't like to weigh myself often, maybe once or twice a week, i do measurements every week on the same day. This week i will be getting aunt flow soon, i hear you shouldn't weigh OR measure yourself until AFTER it goes away. What do you do? I know women are different when it comes to that, i normally gain weight a week before i get it then it goes away but then the week of, it gets pretty bad pain wise and just feeling BLAH.

Help a sista out (*)

Replies

• rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother with measurement but I would weigh. You typically will go up but after a few months you will find your pattern. Like I know I always go up 3 pounds so I'm not freaking about it. But if it bothers you to see the number up, skip it.
  • maggpie666999
    Options
    My scale isn't great so I weigh myself once in a blue moon, and I just stick to my lifestyle changes that I have made. I try not to worry about the scale so much, I just think about the way I feel when I eat the good stuff (greens, lean protein, etc) and how I feel when I eat crappy junk food and take out. I hit plateaus but after that the weight is coming off, slowly but surely. It has taken me about a year since I had my kid.
    Deuces and good luck (:
  • Vivj3
    Vivj3 Posts: 4
    Options
    A week after, your body holds a lot of fluids during your period. The week after you're at your 'driest'. It's a good measuring point.
  • tash_078
    tash_078 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself once a week but no more, on the same day, first thing in the morning but tend not to jump on scales when that time comes around as the weigh in will be inaccurate. I also tend to judge how I look and feel.. Clothes etc.
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself regularly during that time, I just know I'm going to be a little heavier.
  • nylo143
    nylo143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do not weigh in during that time of the month, I usually weigh more even if nothing at all has changed
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, and I'm plus or minus one or two pounds depending on the day. I don't see a significant difference around my period.
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am on birth control (because I don't get my period) and I definitely do not weigh myself when it happens
    Because I run to chocolate that week anyways
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week on Wednesday morning. I weigh myself no matter what time of the month it is. I also up my water intake that week. It helps w cramps or so I've heard. I don't panic because I know my weight will be slightly more than normal but it helps me stay on track and stay motivated. I say do what's best for you:) good luck
  • Jmorici529
    Options
    Dont do it the week before, just the week after. If you're like me it's a mental game, too and that always throws me off.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Once a week here also.

And Nope - I usually skip because I know I will be a few lbs heavier & that # is not an accurate assessment of my maintenance weight.
  • cristinfaldetta
    cristinfaldetta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Let yourself off the hook for the week and wait until your period is over. Be kind to yourself! :)
  • kristennoelle78
    Options
    I weigh daily regardless. I don't know why. I can't stop myself.
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    Options
    I weigh daily also and keep it logged on a calendar. I can gain up to 7lbs in fluid the week prior to my period. Depressing, I know, but the calendar helps to remind myself that it's fluid. I also gain 3lbs during the week of ovulation. Basically I'm a human sponge. I do see that the 3 days after my period is when I weigh the least of the entire month. My clothes fit looser and my abdomen isn't puffy. Also I can tell when it's water weight because my wedding ring is tight, my shoes are snug, and my boobs form little muffin tops in my bra. Being a girl sucks sometimes, right?
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily regardless of the day of the month. I have to admit when I first began my weight loss journey seeing that gain on the scale freaked me out.. a lot! Now that I am more consistent, I know how much I can expect to gain during that time so I mentally subtract it from my weight.