I need some romance in my life...

Options
DymonNdaRgh40
DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
So I'm going to see "50 Shades of Grey" on Valentine's Day.

I'm currently reading the last book (Freed) and hope to be finished by then. I'm curious about how they turned it into movie since there is so much sex involved. Also, if they are covering all three books in the film.

Anybody else interested in seeing it?

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Girl, you just opened up a can of worms. *Ducks, and runs away*
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm going on Friday the 13th to see it with a bunch of girls from work... Should be an entertaining time... :/
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahaha! ^^^^ :grin:
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'm going so that I can hang out outside of the movie theater when the hoes come out. Easy prey

LMAO

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm going so that I can hang out outside of the movie theater when the hoes come out. Easy prey

The real pervs will wait until it's out on DVD and watch it at home.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    if i wanted to watch blatant physical & emotional abuse being passed off as some kind of love maybe id watch it

but i dont (*) (*)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    if i wanted to watch blatant physical & emotional abuse being passed off as some kind of love maybe id watch it

but i dont (*) (*)

Basically this.

Anyone that reads or sees it and calls it "romance" is either naive or dumb.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Hoes? I think most that go to watch it will be older women that can't get what they want at home from their husbands.
  • branflakes1980
    Options

Hoes? I think most that go to watch it will be older women that can't get what they want at home from their husbands.

That is a horribly rude generalization. . .
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

but i dont (*) (*)

Basically this.

Or they know that the word "romance" has multiple meanings and consider it to fall into one of those.
  • smythepatricia90
    smythepatricia90 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just saw " the Theory of everything"-- great movie!! This guy gets more sex than a regular guy!
    He has 3 kids!! The one line in the movie..." It.s on a different system!." Is his reply to his friends question " does -everything still work?"
    The infamous line -- "Where there is Life-- There is Hope "...... Is VERY TRUE.
  • branflakes1980
    edited February 2015
    Options

but i dont (*) (*)

Basically this.

Oh my, you are just a peach aren't you. 1st only older women will watch it that dont have sex with their husbands, and now people are dumb. Hows the view from up there on that golden high horse? Just because you don't agree with something, or someone does not give you the right to insult. SMDH!

That being said (and to answer the OP) I read the books, mostly because of all the hype. They were nothing special, I didn't care for how they were written. I may see the movie because I am interested to see how they turn this into something that is shown in theaters (I most likely will wait until it comes out on DVD though as it is not something I feel like sitting in a theatre for) However if Charlie was still gonna be portraying the Gray fella, I would probably be uncomfortable in a theatre for that because.... drool, I don't care how horrible the plot is.
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options

but i dont (*) (*)

Basically this.

Oh my, you are just a peach aren't you. 1st only older women will watch it that dont have sex with their husbands, and now people are dumb. Hows the view from up there on that golden high horse? Just because you don't agree with something, or someone does not give you the right to insult. SMDH!

That being said (and to answer the OP) I read the books, mostly because of all the hype. They were nothing special, I didn't care for how they were written. I may see the movie because I am interested to see how they turn this into something that is shown in theaters (I most likely will wait until it comes out on DVD though as it is not something I feel like sitting in a theatre for) However if Charlie was still gonna be portraying the Gray fella, I would probably be uncomfortable in a theatre for that because.... drool, I don't care how horrible the plot is.

No kidding on the Charlie thing, How could they not pick this man??
    uckx4vfo84b0.jpg
  • branflakes1980
    Options

but i dont (*) (*)

Basically this.

No kidding on the Charlie thing, How could they not pick this man??
    uckx4vfo84b0.jpg

I am pretty sure they did and he changed his mind. Probably because of schedule stuff (aka bad plot)

But, here is some more eye candy :wink:

10f9mck.jpg

• DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

but i dont (*) (*)

Well, that is your opinion. I personally can't wait to see how they put it on film.

but i dont (*) (*)

Basically this.

Wow. Well, thankfully, I'm neither.

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

but i dont (*) (*)

Took the words right out of my mouth.

That's not romance.
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I do want to see the movie :)