Hello!!!

HI everyone!!
This is my first time on MFP. I have tried so so so many times to be "skinny". FINALLY I have a different mindset and "skinny" is not my goal. HEALTHY is my goal!!! I don't have a set weight I want to be I have more of a feeling I would like to achieve. I have been working on changing my bad habit's like processed foods and crappy foods really for about a month. I was really successful for 3 weeks and lost 12 lbs. Forth week comes and BAM gained 7lbs in one week!!! I am having a hard time figuring out the tools I need to stay on track!! I have done herbalife and I was really happy with it but in the end it didn't help me learn how to cook, shop, and workout!! I know those are important to know!!

If anyone can share their journey and tips that you have used I would love to hear them!!

Healthy is the key and being skinny is just a plus :)

Replies

• ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Hi! That is what I say. I have a final goal for what I want to be at but most importantly I just want to be healthy!

I do love frozen meals but sodium is a huge killer for me so I've been trying to make my favorite frozen meals - homemade. So far so good! It is time consuming but worth it!
  • Oh my goodness is homemade cooking time consuming!!! But it's kind of neat after you cook something and it is a total success! Eating clean as I say is something that I have been working on for about a month it is a whole other level of hard! Honestly I believe that's really the way I will be successful at being healthy!

If you have any cooking tips I would love to hear them also recipes!

Best of luck to you!

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Have you got a crock pot? If not, I recommend getting one. This is the best way I know to avoid spending more time than you can afford doing food prep. You can make ahead and freeze portions.
  • I do have a crock pot and some successful meals in them. I love the idea of meal prep and frozen meal bags. Here is my issue with the freezer bags I would hate to make Whole weeks worth of food and not like the way it taste I have yet found recipes that are only 1 meal instead of 5. When it comes to frozen meals for my crock pot. Or am I going about it wrong?
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Hey, feel free to add me ;) I've been using MFP for a little over 3 months and I'm down 47 pounds ;)