The Harcombe Diet

Options
BBee5064
BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
hi everyone, has anyone tried the Harcombe Diet? if so what's you view?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    No, haven't. I'm a very conservative dieter. I took a look at it; here is an overview.

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/wellbeing/539591/the-harcombe-diet

It seems to me to be an anti-MFP program. Don't count; change your habits. It also starts as a highly restrictive diet for the first week or two for quick results. This is the pattern of every fad diet out there, which we know is unsustainable and rife with failure.
  • tracyb40
    tracyb40 Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I lost 10kg on it last year, worked really well for me. The weight only came back on when I had a mirena coil put in to sort out my hormones and my cravings were out of control
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Doing it now and have lost. I needed this for giving me hope. I feel pretty good.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Phases, kick starts, eating particular food and avoiding special food combinations, as well as degrading calorie counting.

Cool, just the opposite of MFP and logic and common sense. I'll just keep to what's working, thanks...
  • tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just started The Harcombe Diet. In phase 1. Feeling awful atm though (caffeine withdrawal :neutral: ). So happy to find a book I can relate to and really find (healthy) motivation in :)
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Be interested to see how you get on