Polar loop/h7 users question

Options
I have this hrm and want to add the polar loop. Do you wear your hrm strap all day or can you wear it just for exercising?
What are the concerns you have found with the polar loop?

Replies

• ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Loop and the HT7 hrm. I weat the loop all the time (except when charging) and only use the hrm when exercising (espically because the loop will not track accurately if you are doing activites like biking or lifting weights). The loop is nice because you can swim with it and it tracks your swimming as activity/steps. The downside is that because both are bluetooth devices it does't track your heart rate while swimming.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I plan on ordering mine this week
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The loop is quite sensitive so I put it in my pocket when I'm mowing the lawn to avoid too many extra steps. On the whole I really like the loop and Polar Flow, and the H7 HRM works with their Polar Beat app too. It took me a while to work out how to put the loop into flight mode. This is useful if you're doing something like rowing and you don't want to start measuring heart rate until you're actually in the boat and rowing. BTW there is a Polar Loop group here on MFP.
  • llmg970
    Options
    HelenWater wrote: »
    BTW there is a Polar Loop group here on MFP.

I cant find this group
  • llmg970
    Options

I can't seem to find this group.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    llmg970 wrote: »

I can't seem to find this group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/21797-polar-loop-activity-tracker-users
  • eoinmsfo
    eoinmsfo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have a polar loop + H7. It is possible to link the H7 and the loop together for use in the water. Simply wear your loop and H7 (as directed) and bring the loop close to the H7 (touching if possible). Tap the loop button and wait for the display to go off... wait a few seconds and you should see your heart rate on the loop. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. I found steps on the Polar site.