weighing in

Options
I was wondering how often you weigh in? I have been doing it daily because I feel like seeing the loss gives me incentive to keep going, but I know a lot of people are against the every day weigh. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want, as long as you can tell yourself to ignore simple day-to-day or week-to-week fluctuations and look at the overall long-term trend.

Personally I do every week.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I went the opposite direction. I weigh in once a month, as close to the same place in my monthly cycle as I can manage. But I've been doing this long enough that I trust my routine and I just need to check in once in a while. Plus, even the weekly fluctuations were enough to annoy/depress me.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I weighed every day when I was in weight loss mode. Now that I'm in maintenance, very rarely.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log daily. The fluctuations no longer bother me and I get an accurate picture of how what I do/eat affects my weight loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind seeing the scales go up and down, there's nothing wrong with weighing daily.