Looking for new maintainers to friend!

Options
Day 1 of maintenance mode and I'm pretty nervous about changing gears - moderation isn't something I'm used to with food. I could use some other newbies (and veterans, honestly) to friend and chat with! Add me if you'd like. =)

Replies

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Congrats & Welcome to the next phase! :D

Everyone gets nervous so just be mindful of all the new healthy habits that you've retrained yourself to learn and practice them daily.

Maintaining is a lot more mental work than anything else because it is for the long run.

Best of luck to you!

P.S. Love your ink!
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    hi, im also new to maintenance.. 39lbs down since joining MFP 6 months ago. Im really struggling as Im in a mindset of eating around 1500-1700 cals a day, but with my maintenance target, plus a new found love of distance running, Im regularly under eating. Given Im looking to maintain I know I need to eat more but Im simply not hungry for it, plus I also dont want to run the risk of returning to my old ways (maybe this is part of the issue). Keen to link in with other 'maintainers' too for ideas and tips, so if anyone out there also wants to befriend maintainers, please add me also.
    cheers
    Luke
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Are you into yoga @theflyingpelican‌ ? I just started my yoga journey! Feel free to add me! I'm pretty happy with my weight, but I'm always looking for ways to improve my body!
  • theflyingpelican
    theflyingpelican Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @loveandchampagne‌ I do incorporate yoga and contortion into my routine, but mostly on my own as the warm up or cool down to my aerial workouts. It's mostly a means to an end for me of more flexibility so I can do cooler trapeze tricks lol. I have trouble not getting bored with yoga otherwise. But I do love to be bendy!
  • theflyingpelican
    Options
    @RaspberryTickleChicken‌ Thanks! I'm excited but nervous about trying to let go of the "I need to lose" mentality. And thanks for the ink compliment! I started getting them when I was 18 but my husband is now apprenticing to tattoo so I've been really growing the collection recently. =)
  • theflyingpelican
    Options
    @ljones27uk‌ Awesome! Yeah I'm trying to wrap my head around the calorie allowance and not use it as an excuse to eat unhealthy stuff. I had a bit of a celebratory cheat day yesterday but I'm back on track today. Mahi mahi and roasted sweet potatoes for lunch. Yum!
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    I'm currently transitioning to maintenance. I'd like more friends who are in the same boat. Sent you a request :)
  • phillipakemp
    phillipakemp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I lost over 2 stone last year and have been maintaining since. Am not finding it easy if I'm honest.. the whole "must lose weight" mindset (!) is hard to get out of plus I pulled my left hamstring 2 weeks ago and it's very slow recovering so I can't run which was my saviour in my exercise/calorie balance!!

Would love some more maintenance friends on my list to compare notes with etc
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    maintaining very soon after losing 5 stone(70llbs).
    find it very helpfull and motivating to have varied friends with differing goals .
    feel free to add all.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Another one new to maintenance and trying to increase my calories slowly to find my actual maintenance level. Add me!
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm still losing a bit of weight as I'm so scared to put it back on. Trying to slowly increase my weekly average calories!
  • gurlyang
    gurlyang Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I've reached my weight goal around June of last year. I have been trying to see where my activity level is since then. I've been switching from lightly active to active on the app. So far I'm doing good. Whew! I hope to keep maintaining my weight as well as everyone else does here too.
  • theflyingpelican
    Options
    @cw106‌ @nikkit321‌ @Flookbird‌ @gurlyang‌ Congrats to ya'll on meeting your goals! Gonna add you =)
  • gurlyang
    gurlyang Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Congratulations to you as well theflyingpelican.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'll be maintaining in two weeks, after my campus' pageant! Feel free to add me :-)
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP 2 weeks ago. My goal is to maintain. I am set to lightly active and although I lift 3x a week I don't eat my calories earned. So far I have stayed 124lbs. I feel nervous about eating my calories (1780) but I hope that I will actually need to increase them!! Time will tell over the next few weeks. Feel free to add me :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been maintaining for 5 months :smile:
    I'll send you a FR ☺
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Options
    I'm also close to entering maintenance and would love new friends!
  • goosebeartalk
    goosebeartalk Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ljones27uk wrote: »
    Hi,
    hi, im also new to maintenance.. 39lbs down since joining MFP 6 months ago. Im really struggling as Im in a mindset of eating around 1500-1700 cals a day, but with my maintenance target, plus a new found love of distance running, Im regularly under eating. Given Im looking to maintain I know I need to eat more but Im simply not hungry for it, plus I also dont want to run the risk of returning to my old ways (maybe this is part of the issue). Keen to link in with other 'maintainers' too for ideas and tips, so if anyone out there also wants to befriend maintainers, please add me also.
    cheers
    Luke

I'm having the same problem! Add me if you like!
  • immortalities
    immortalities Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to work out my maintenance calories so feel free to friend me! :smile: