Vegetarian Healthy Eating-Are Carbs That Bad?

Options
13»

Replies

• veganstarchivore
    Options
    Eh, I eat up to 400 to 500 grams of carbs a day and am losing weight. Carbs aren't evil. Carbs coming whole plant foods are freaking amazing. I could not live without my carbs. :smiley:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and have lost consistently to my goals eating more than 50-60% of my diet in carbs...find what works for you
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Just started MFP about two weeks ago, and as a vegetarian the biggest question I have is about protein intake, too. I never thought I was really deficient, and wonder if we really need as much protein as the guidelines are saying. What do you think?

Have started adding quinoa and lentils to my diet, and I already do a morning smoothie so could add protein powder, I guess. Usually try to just use "whole" foods, but whatever.

My doctor is against milk products, and I have cut back quite a bit - almond milk instead of milk, much less cheese - but that doesn't help the protein count!

I am age 57, 5'8", pretty active, weigh 154 and looking to get down to 140.

Is there any reason, like lactose intolerance, for your doctor to be against milk products? Or is it ethical?