I can't lose it

Options
so I've been on MFP for about a month now, eating healthy, making my step count and being under the calorie goal. I also try to go to the gym whenever I can and I have a Garmin Vivofit to remind me to walk/workout. But I haven't lost one pound! Help?

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The most common causes:
    1. You're eating more than you think. Get a food scale and weigh everything and track it down to the detail.
    2. You're overestimating your exercise burns and eating back too many calories. Try to eat back only 50-75% of your exercise calories instead of 100%.
    3. You're inconsistent. Maybe you're sticking to your calorie goal 6 days a week, and then going out on the weekends and eating and drinking back your deficit in one night. Maybe you're only logging some of the things or some of the days.
    4. You don't actually need to lose weight. You're already at a healthy or below average weight for your height and frame. What you should actually do is eat at maintenance or above, and focus on gaining muscle.

Try addressing these top 4. Then if the scale still doesn't move, come back and see us for more advice.