I am thinking of starting a chemical-free diet...

Options
sheldonz42
sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
I figure if I stick to it, my weight loss will be phenomenal.

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    from a weight loss standpoint that would be outstanding...but make sure you don't breathe out of your mouth and then swallow, or that's a cheat meal.
  • sheldonz42
    Options
    I think swallowing at all would be cheating!
  • _John_
    Options
    except saliva...that's just recycling...
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Did you know that food manufacturers don't have to list all of teh chemicalz in their food?
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Please do tell how you plan on splitting said molecules.
  • _John_
    Options
    "natural flavors"... considering all matter exists in observable reality, aren't all chemicals technically "natural"?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    sheldonz42 wrote: »

62Rig23.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I had much more success back in the 70's and 80's on a "Chemical Only" diet.
  • sheldonz42
    Options
    To quote Bloom County, "The subject usually dies within a week, after which substantial weight loss begins immediately."
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    sheldonz42 wrote: »

62Rig23.jpg
    Heh, my thoughts too >:)
  • bizarrefish
    bizarrefish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    "natural flavors"... considering all matter exists in observable reality, aren't all chemicals technically "natural"?
    Yup.

Though you could go for the 'paleo' approach and try to avoid things which weren't around/accessible to non-industrialized civilisation. As far as fat loss goes, excluding fruit juice and flour/sugar-including stuff works pretty well for a lot of people, which would be a must for paleo, by most definitions.

Makes sense if you think about it, avoid modern disease by trying to emulate the diet/environment of non-modern people. A bit dogmatic for my taste though - I tend to like dairy, artificial sweeteners, and nut flours for baking, which don't seem to harm my shape/size, though I know this isn't universally true.
  • sheldonz42
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Yup.

Though you could go for the 'paleo' approach and try to avoid things which weren't around/accessible to non-industrialized civilisation. As far as fat loss goes, excluding fruit juice and flour/sugar-including stuff works pretty well for a lot of people, which would be a must for paleo, by most definitions.

Makes sense if you think about it, avoid modern disease by trying to emulate the diet/environment of non-modern people. A bit dogmatic for my taste though - I tend to like dairy, artificial sweeteners, and nut flours for baking, which don't seem to harm my shape/size, though I know this isn't universally true.

Insert "Not sure if serious" gif here...