How long did it take until you saw results?

Options
Hey everyone,

I know everybody is different, but I wanted to see the variety. How long did it take to see some results with the scale, with people noticing, with clothes, ect. Months, weeks, days? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    For me it was months, other people noticed before I did to be fair!
    I think it all depends on what you are aiming for and how you see yourself to start with. Im sure this will vary greatly from person to person!

All the best,
    Adam
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Depends entirely on your approach. Extreme approaches have me losing weight almost instantly. For more conservative approaches, I've seen up to 3-4 weeks.
  • kathrinecogan
    kathrinecogan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First week I lost 2kg. Second week 2.5kg. Havent weighed in yet until this Sunday which will be 2 weeks. I am 51 and 165cms. My start weight was 82kg. I am on 1200 calorie a day. I still drink alcohol as well. I forego snacks if i want to drink. I drink bourbon and diet coke, 57 calories per drink.When you are overweight sometimes you can't see weight loss. I use clothes as a guide. I am used to a starvation diet so 1200 calories seems a lot to me and I am still having difficulty believing I can lose weight whilst eating so much! I always underestimate excercise calories. Most times I don't use the extra calories. I am totally honest with recording my calories. I eat salad twice a day. Sometimes I may go over by 200 calories but I try not to make a habit of it. Looking forward to my weigh in this week to see how much I have lost in the fortnight.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Working a 'slow n steady' type of program, aiming for .5/week. I saw results in my fitness super quickly, on the scale in a few weeks, in my clothes after a few months (tried on a pair of jeans I'd grown out of and they fit again). I'm down 10 (out of 30) lbs and people still don't notice, but that's ok because I have competitive frenemies lol.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The scale is the first place I see results. After I lose about 15-20lbs my clothes are falling off... but I still have a lot to lose. No one noticed until I dropped 50lbs... then every 10lbs after that people comment and notice.
  • big_87
    big_87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Been a month or so on my journey. I feel results even though I can't quite SEE results yet. Better energy..moved a notch on my watch band..and a hole on my belt. Celebrate all the small success and stick with it! :D
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference on the scale immediately as the water weight dropped off.
    After about a month my clothes started fitting better. Within 2 months, my cloths started to get baggy, and I was using a different hole in my belt.
    By about the 4th month, which was about a 10% loss, is when people started to say something. From the impression I got, people had been noticing before then, but didn't say anything.
    Since then I've been at about the same weight, but I'm seeing much greater definition from my work at the gym. More endurance in cardio and more strength in my lifting. I'm even starting to see some muscles pop through the fat.
    I've been adjusting to my new lifestyle for about 6 months, and I can tell you it's been a long 6 months and it hasn't been easy to get here, but now that I am, it has gotten much easier and is now just who I am. I'm glad I started then instead of now!
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • deedeeandboo
    Options
    In 2 weeks, I could tell a difference. In 4 weeks, my family and close friends noticed. In 8 weeks, people who don't know me well noticed a difference.