Fitness Tracker that works with iPad 2?

Options
I'm having a hard time finding a fitness tracker that is compatible with my iPad. Does anyone use something that will work on an iPad 2 and will sync with mfp?

Replies

• ivanpaparaka
    ivanpaparaka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any fitness trackers (resistance training) that sync with MFP. There are a lot of cardio apps (RunKeeper, Runtastic, etc).
    Also most fitness (again resistance) trackers don't calculate calories.

What I do is use RunKeeper to log 90 min (depending on the day) of resistance training, and it adds 500 calories to the MFP activity log.

As long as you meet the iOS version requirements (in the app store, under information, when you open the page of a particulat app), your iPad 2 can run it.
  • Hopper1111
    Options
    Hi. I'm having the same problem, which is that the Bluetooth tech in the iPad 2 is outdated compared to the fitness trackers. The iPad 2 has Bluetooth 2.1 and most trackers are using Bluetooth Smart tech. The only one I've found so far that will theoretically work with an iPad 2 is the Jawbone but even then the article I read (on the Verve website) says the jawbone up app is not set up to work optimally with the larger screen of the iPad 2. I'll keep looking though. Good luck!