Reaching out :)

Options
Hello everyone! I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. I have been on MFP for about a year now but only consistently for the past month or so. I find that it is much easier when you have friends on here to keep you accountable and motivate you.

I am 22 years old, weigh 157.8 and am 5'8. I had a daughter 3 years ago and before I got pregnant I was 140 and during my pregnancy I gained 60 lbs!! My daughter was 10 lb. 9 oz. and within the first 3 months of giving birth I had lost 30 lbs. Now I am down another 13 lbs and have 17 more to go. I have started changing my eating habits and running the stairs and my bike for exercise. I really just want to tone up and feel fit :)

I just wanted to say hello, feel free to add me as a friend and we can all help keep each other motivated and accountable!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Replies

• ktenn
    ktenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! You sound like you're in the same position as myself.

I'm 29, 5' 7" and 161 lbs. I gained a lot of weight with my first daughter and then had a second girl almost 2 years ago. I'm still trying to catch up.

You're doing a great job and only have 17 more lbs to go! I too want to tone up and feel fit (and have extra energy for my 2 girls)

I'll friend you :)
    Thanks for reaching out!
  • bluebelltinkerbell
    bluebelltinkerbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Im also trying to get rid of weight gained during pregnancy. I have only been in here a few days but am enjoying the support. It can feel lonely without others to help you. Add me if you like:smile:
  • cjenkins91
    cjenkins91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much! It can be difficult to lose those last few pounds. If I know that if I have friends on here then I will definitely make sure to log on and update my exercise and food diaries. I think this website has so much potential and definitely want to get the most out of it that I can!
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    keep at it..while its easy to get discouraged...seeing the hard work pay off both in the mirror and on the scale is worth it..plus it sets up a healthy lifestyle where working out becomes second nature cause its fun!
  • charnelle7
    Options
    Hello! Welcome back! I've also gained a lot of weight, and really need to get it off in order to be healthy and happier. We all can encourage each other to get back on track!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You and anyone else can add me! This site certainly has helped keep me motivated even though I tend to be motivated anyway.
  • lisa112176
    lisa112176 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my weight snuck up on me one minute I was 249.5 I stared to workout and got down to 190 pounds in 6 months... then I stopped working out moved out of state then out of nowhere I was 251 pounds I was so upset with myself noone told be that I had gained sooooo much weight I knew I GUESS I was in denial... I've since then started working out at Nulife Fitness center in Cleveland Ohio and eating right I have now lost 37 pounds since Feb. I still have a ways to go but I'm getting there... and I am so very proud of myself...