I'm struggling with eating enough... wt-heck?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    tanlon76 wrote: »
    I still have to eat dinner tonight but I have over 1,000 calories left to eat - am I to eat a dinner filled with that many calories? I think not.

Why not? Honest question. I could easily eat 1000 calories in a sitting.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary, a couple things jump out. On Monday, you skipped breakfast and didn't really have any snacks. Tuesday you did fine.
    Your salad for lunch today - just lettuce? Really? Add some vegetables and a lean protein.
  • tanlon76
    Options
    With your diary open now, I do have questions about the accuracy of your logging. Are the recipes and homemade entries your personal additions to the food database? Or are they a "best guess" of what you ate out? Things like 1/2 cup of scrambled eggs just aren't the best way to measure these things.

No, these are mostly accurate measurements. I haven't eaten out at all in 2 weeks. What do you suggest as far as logging food? I want to get this RIGHT so I know exactly what I'm doing and how I'm doing...

• tanlon76
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »
    After looking at your diary, a couple things jump out. On Monday, you skipped breakfast and didn't really have any snacks. Tuesday you did fine.
    Your salad for lunch today - just lettuce? Really? Add some vegetables and a lean protein.

Yes, my salad today was skimpy... I wasn't very hungry. I didn't eat breakfast the day I started logging.
  • tanlon76
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I still have to eat dinner tonight but I have over 1,000 calories left to eat - am I to eat a dinner filled with that many calories? I think not.

Ok. I could... easily. So, I guess I'm eating 1,000 calories for dinner. (:

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

Ok. I could... easily. So, I guess I'm eating 1,000 calories for dinner. (:

Or 700 and some ice cream for dessert.

• tanlon76
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Yes but even without exercise you wouldn't gain weight on 600 or 700 calories a day. It would take much more than that. Not trying to be rude. Just making a point. At any rate, dianne listed a lot of good options for you. I would start there.

Oh no, I'm taking you as rude... I've removed things such as pasta, white rice, bread, etc. from my diet now. Before, I just ate what I wanted... although I do not eat fried foods at all. Yuck.

There is nothing wrong with the foods you listed. Add some of that back in to get to your goals (except the fried foods obviously).

I meant, NOT taking you as RUDE... sorry! So Sorry!

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    With your diary open now, I do have questions about the accuracy of your logging. Are the recipes and homemade entries your personal additions to the food database? Or are they a "best guess" of what you ate out? Things like 1/2 cup of scrambled eggs just aren't the best way to measure these things.

No, these are mostly accurate measurements. I haven't eaten out at all in 2 weeks. What do you suggest as far as logging food? I want to get this RIGHT so I know exactly what I'm doing and how I'm doing...

Okay, if you want to take the time to really be sure that you're logging accurately, then I recommend reading through these two threads. They really cover the basics well.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1290491/how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

It may turn out that your logging is spot on and you really are eating too little. It may be that you're eating a little more than you realize but still not enough, so keep incorporating some of these higher calorie ideas into your diet.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Yes but even without exercise you wouldn't gain weight on 600 or 700 calories a day. It would take much more than that. Not trying to be rude. Just making a point. At any rate, dianne listed a lot of good options for you. I would start there.

Oh no, I'm taking you as rude... I've removed things such as pasta, white rice, bread, etc. from my diet now. Before, I just ate what I wanted... although I do not eat fried foods at all. Yuck.

There is nothing wrong with the foods you listed. Add some of that back in to get to your goals (except the fried foods obviously).

I meant, NOT taking you as RUDE... sorry! So Sorry!

I didn't think you were :) I'm not being rude either. Being 100% serious. All good? :shake:
  • tanlon76
    Options
    Okay, if you want to take the time to really be sure that you're logging accurately, then I recommend reading through these two threads. They really cover the basics well.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1290491/how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

It may turn out that your logging is spot on and you really are eating too little. It may be that you're eating a little more than you realize but still not enough, so keep incorporating some of these higher calorie ideas into your diet.

[/quote]

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    you need to weigh your food and not eyeball it. for example your 126g banana definatly has more than 11 calories in it. i would question some of your other enteries as well.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

For the scrambled eggs, I would log how many eggs and any other ingredients you used to prepare them. So the entry might look like this:
    - 2 large eggs
    - .5 tbsp butter
    - 15g cheddar cheese

If you eat your scrambled eggs prepared in the same way often, you can make it a "meal" and then it is easier to add.

ETA: you might want to double check the entries you are using. For instance, a 126g banana definitely has more than 11 calories. Try searching for "raw usda" to get the usda entries.
  • type1caveman
    type1caveman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat more carbs.Carbs give you more energy and burn faster then fat(if you look the chemistry formula of a carbohydrate and a fat you will see that I am right).Carbs are good for pre-work out meal like oat flakes with a banana or a banana smoothie with dates.Maybe you eat too heavy foods like meat ? If you eat more easily absorebed foods like fruits,veggies and grains you will have lots of energy and not feel constipated or don't have apetite. Your body runs on glucose so feed it don't be afraid.
    Carbs are great in this case, more carbs=more insulin+hunger
  • tanlon76
    Options
    I THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT!