RANT--My PROVOCATIVE pictures.

Options
mandeenicoleb
mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
I just need to get this off my chest quickly.

My boyfriend has a female friend whom I like. She is nice and has no other motives. Not like I have to worry with my boyfriend at all. He is seriously like the best guy in the world who I trust with all my heart and is all about me.

We had a stupid argument because he was stressed out last week and I just gave him space to calm himself.
He became paranoid that I thought the relationship was over and was getting ready to go my own way (I wasn't at all).
I know he worries and he says his biggest fear is losing me.

Well, this friend of his knows we were in a weird place and tells him that I am posting "provocative" pictures on instagram. She put it in his head and he started to worry (which I hate because he has anxiety issues). I felt like she was fueling the fire.

I only just found this out, and it makes so much sense now why my boyfriend asked if I was done with him and what was the reason for these "sexy" pictures.

Just so you know what I'm talking about, if you check out my pics here...she was referring to the one where it is a comparison pic (two side by side) of my stomach from the side, just me saying I was so happy about the weight I was losing.

My boyfriend apologized and said he realizes there was nothing wrong with the picture. He was just vulnerable to worrying at the time and he was annoyed that she would do that. Theory is because her and her bf are constantly having issues and he's always talking to other girls and ex's behind her back...she just thinks everybody must be like that.

I don't think my picture was bad. It hurt me because I am incredibly self conscious and I feel like when I try to make myself happy and fit, there is always someone there that has something to say.

Sorry about the rant!

Replies

• Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ugh - Tell her to mind her business. Block the *kitten* so she can't stalk on you on Instagram.
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ugh - Tell her to mind her business. Block the *kitten* so she can stalk on you on Instagram.

agreed! You don't need her stalking you or trying to ruin your relationship. Just keep reminding your boyfriend you love him and that he means the world to you. It sounds like youre both a little self conscious so keep lifting eachother up! :)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Perception is reality.
    Your boyfriend is insecure.
    The Girl, is just that, a "Girl" not a woman.
    Save the pictures for your boyfriend. No one needs to see anything but your face anyhow.
    This is universal, with men.
    If you care about his feelings respect him and just have face shots.
    As for the chick, there will be more chicks like that. Do yourself a favor and give them no more reason to start *kitten*.

There's a song Who Are You When Im Not Looking~Blake Shelton. Youtube it

http://youtu.be/0xXD9-1mLBY~WhoAre You When Im not Looking
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    lol I considered deleting here, but I figured maybe she really didn't mean anything and assumed the worst since like I said...her bf cannot be trusted.

Plus I truly do like her (except for this one comment) and don't want to ruin it when we do our double dates.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Perception is reality.
    Your boyfriend is insecure.
    The Girl, is just that, a "Girl" not a woman.
    Save the pictures for your boyfriend. No one needs to see anything but your face anyhow.
    This is universal, with men.
    If you care about his feelings respect him and just have face shots.
    As for the chick, there will be more chicks like that. Do yourself a favor and give them no more reason to start *kitten*.

There's a song Who Are You When Im Not Looking~Blake Shelton. You tube it

I agree. Normally my bf doesn't care what pictures I have up (none of them are bad at all! I'm really not the type). He said he just let it get in his head. I mean Saturday when we went to Dorney HE took a picture of my in my bathing suit and posted it. So I realize he was just paranoid and misreading signs.
  • Cp731
    Options
    lol I considered deleting here, but I figured maybe she really didn't mean anything and assumed the worst since like I said...her bf cannot be trusted.

Plus I truly do like her (except for this one comment) and don't want to ruin it when we do our double dates.

Deleting Your MFP account?
    All you need to do is Tke down your pics. No need for the body shots. Your friends will remain the same. I know from experience.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options

All you need to do is Tke down your pics. No need for the body shots. Your friends will remain the same. I know from experience.

Ooops I meant deleting her* from Instagram or I guess not allowing her to follow, but yeah I thought that was childish. She doesn't have me on here, nor does anyone else really. This is more for me to keep up with progress.
  • Cp731
    Options

Ooops I meant deleting her* from Instagram or I guess not allowing her to follow, but yeah I thought that was childish. She doesn't have me on here, nor does anyone else really. This is more for me to keep up with progress.

Like I said b4, there will be others like this.
    I'd be the adult here and go directly to her and tell her you didn't appreciate it.
    By doing this you will take the upper hand.
    If you don't do it, she will think she has the power to make you feel like your walking on eggshells.
    Once you have told her of your disapproval, it will be easier to do it next time you have a run in.
    In any aspect of your life, you need to learn to stick up for yourself.
    Also, Consider she did you a favor, she potentially saved a part of your relationship, by calling you out.

Which, in turn you evaluated the pics and thought about someone other than yourself.
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    #middleschoolproblems
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options

Like I said b4, there will be others like this.
    I'd be the adult here and go directly to her and tell her you didn't appreciate it.
    By doing this you will take the upper hand.
    If you don't do it, she will think she has the power to make you feel like your walking on eggshells.
    Once you have told her of your disapproval, it will be easier to do it next time you have a run in.
    In any aspect of your life, you need to learn to stick up for yourself.
    Also, Consider she did you a favor, she potentially saved a part of your relationship, by calling you out.

I definitely see your point. Thanks.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That seems like the type of move she'd make if she were trying to hurt your relationship. Anyone with a brain can distinguish comparison photos from 'provocative' ones. Keep a close watch on her because she's not done trying to cause trouble in your relationship. Good luck.
  • meg_mucklebones
    Options
    This friend is no friend, to either of you.

And the boyfriend needs to let go of his insecurity. Honestly, I'd be more annoyed with the whiny boyfriend than anything else.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

if your pics are really you, you can see half of your butt in one of them.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    #middleschoolproblems

this
  • moosegt35
    Options

And the boyfriend needs to let go of his insecurity. Honestly, I'd be more annoyed with the whiny boyfriend than anything else.

and especially this.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options

lol I never had my butt showing. Idk why it may look that way but I have my pants up all the way and in the first pic I had black shorts that I had under my jean skirt which I did pull down a bit bc you couldn't really seem my stomach but I definitely had shorts.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options

and especially this.

I get that. But he really wasn't as bad as it sounds. We just talk about everything and I asked that he tell me right away if something was bothering him so we can talk it out and nip it in the bud. Generally he lets me be and doesn't stop me from doing anything. This was an isolated incident.
  • moosegt35
    Options

lol I never had my butt showing. Idk why it may look that way but I have my pants up all the way and in the first pic I had black shorts that I had under my jean skirt which I did pull down a bit bc you couldn't really seem my stomach but I definitely had shorts.

I meant the person I quoted, that was saying to take down anything that isn't face only, not you.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options

I meant the person I quoted, that was saying to take down anything that isn't face only, not you.

Ohh, I got nervous and started inspecting my pics! lol **phew