Starting again and SO HUNGRY!

Options
I just started back with MFP. I lost 50 lbs using it a few years ago, but I stopped and then slowly gained the weight back. I'm trying to get back in the habit of eating healthy and logging calories, but I'm also trying to remember what I would eat that kept me full without going over my daily calories. Do you have any ideas of what I can snack on to keep from being hungry? My daily goal to lose 1.5 lbs a week is 1840 calories, so I have some play. I just know that I need some help while I get used to not having a full stomach all the time. Thanks!

Replies

• verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Apple slices.with peanut butter. Caramel corn rice cakes with peanut butter. Stove top popcorn. I drizzle a little of butter and salt on mine. Just log the calories for the butter. String cheese. Greek yogurt. Frozen yogurt covered berries. Frozen chocolate dipped bananas. Protein bars. Aldi's (not sure if you have those stores) has a cookie dough protein bar that is good.
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What type of foods do you usually crave?
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My number one tip is to drink lots and lots of water. I also like air-popped popcorn, hardboiled eggs, sugar free jello with lite cool whip, steamed veggies (broccoli and cauliflower), apples with soft cheese, pretzels, and frozen banana slices.

You can do this! Good luck!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I normally crave fast food, because of course. Red meat items, mostly. Also, Mexican food of any kind. Cheese, beans, and tortillas are the BEST!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I find when I get plenty of protein and fats, I stay sated longer. Nut's, nut butters, avocados, plus lot's of meat for me, etc.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I'd guess your goal is either too aggressive for you (do you need to lose 6lbs a month?) or you are not eating enough fat/protein. are you eating back exercise calories? If not then you ought to be (at least half), which would help wtih hunger.

My personal experience is that I get more hungry if I over-eat carbs at breakfast and lunch. Or at least for sure breakfast. I eat most of my carbs in the evening.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public so we can see what you're eating? Maybe the community can give you some pointers.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I find when I get plenty of protein and fats, I stay sated longer. Nut's, nut butters, avocados, plus lot's of meat for me, etc.

Same here. Best of luck this time around. My weight has being up and down more than a yo yo and I knew at my age I had to stop doing the yo yo thing if I was going to be able to function well up to my death.

This time when I lose 5-10 pounds I gain back a couple pounds then eat so I slowly sink back down to my new low and can keep from regaining for four weeks then go for a new low do I do not yo yo ever again. My age is now against me instead of being for me.

• JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Apple slices.with peanut butter. Caramel corn rice cakes with peanut butter. Stove top popcorn. I drizzle a little of butter and salt on mine. Just log the calories for the butter. String cheese. Greek yogurt. Frozen yogurt covered berries. Frozen chocolate dipped bananas. Protein bars. Aldi's (not sure if you have those stores) has a cookie dough protein bar that is good.

These are my exact go to snacks. And theyre good! I just finished my apple with pb