Newby

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site and am just introducing myself.

My name is Michaela and I'm a keen cyclist wishing to loose a bit of weight to improve my performance. I've always struggle losing weight as I've got under active thyroids, however, I am determined and have worked out for the past twenty years at least 5 days a week.

It would be great to hear from anyone willing to share their tips

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This time around I have cut out processed foods which included anything with added sugar. Sounds like you are in good health so I expect it will be easy for you.
  • michaelaecc
    Options
    Hi Gale, Thanks, I do try and keep myself in good shape, but as I state in my earlier post I've got an under active thyroid so keeping my weight reasonable is a constant battle. I agree with cutting the processed foods out as a lot of them have hidden salts and sugars in them. I also try and limit them to a minimum.

I've recently been told to increase my protein intake, but am aware that a lot of protein powders contain soya, which disturbs the thyroid, so I'm looking for alternatives. I've found a protein milkshake, which I had this morning. However, ive always had cereal or porridge for breakfast and it just doesn't seem natural not to.