Trusting Surge

Options
rdsxfn
rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
edited February 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm having a hard time trusting my new Surge. I had the Flex for over a year and was very happy with it.

The Surge scares me because it is overestimating the number of calories I burn. At least that's what it feels like.

Perhaps it is more accurate. Maybe I'll start putting on weight. It's too early for me to tell. Needless to say I'm concerned that I made a mistake buying it. Can someone tell me I'm crazy and it works great? On the flip side can someone tell me I'm right and go back to my Flex?

Thanks!

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Go with your gut instinct. If the Surge is giving higher burns than the Flex for the same activities, and you were losing (or maintaining) fine with the Flex, then everything points to the Surge being inflated for your activities. I had something similar happen last summer -- got a shiny new HRM, and dumbass that I was, started trusting the calorie burn numbers from it rather than the (quite a bit lower) ones that I had been using. After a month of being plateaued, I threw the HRM in the drawer and went back to losing weight.