Terrible habit of not eating breakfast.....

Options
13»

Replies

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. Oh and BTW EVERYONE eats breakfast! The first meal you eat of the day is breaking a fast = Breakfast. No matter what time it is. So if someone that you know will nag at you, asks if you ate breakfast, you can say yep.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I find that I struggle to get going without breakfast on weekdays as I need the energy. I am having to get up earlier than my body would ideally like though so that makes sense. On the weekend when I generally get up later I often won't eat until 12.

How does it effect your energy levels and weight goals? If you are fine without eating until 1 then carry on that way. If not, experiment with eating earlier.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    bmp1290 wrote: »
    I do not usually eat anything until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Is this a bad thing? I just don't get hungry til then, but people always say not eating breakfast isn't good to do. What's your opinion?

Part of being successful is forming and maintaining sustainable eating habits, including recognizing and abiding by your hunger signals. I had the most success when I stopped forcing myself to eat breakfast - those calories are better used later in my day when I'm actually hungry! A lot of people seem to experience the same.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i stopped eating breakfast about 4 weeks ago. It's been a life changer. I refuse to eat before noon now. my energy level is amazing & i rarely overeat.

• bmp1290
    bmp1290 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i stopped eating breakfast about 4 weeks ago. It's been a life changer. I refuse to eat before noon now. my energy level is amazing & i rarely overeat.

Awesome! I'm the same way, I'm less hungry throughout the day when I dont eat til about 1 or 2 in the afternoon
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    bmp1290 wrote: »
    I do not usually eat anything until 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Is this a bad thing? I just don't get hungry til then, but people always say not eating breakfast isn't good to do. What's your opinion?

I don't normally eat breakfast until 11am or after. If you are hungry, eat. If you aren't, don't eat. I've never notice it make a difference unless I am actually hungry and DON'T eat. That's when I end up spending the rest of the day eating and making bad decisions. LOL