How many calories should I be eating if I'm very short?

Options
I'm couple inches under 5 feet. Most petite women I know eat around 1200 but considering I'm shorter should I eat less?

Replies

• asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When you set up your MFP goals, it asked you about your height among other things. It has already factored that into the calculation.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I would aim for 1200 and see how you do. This is all trail and error anyway. Give it 3 weeks and if you don't lose anything, knock off 100 calories and see if that works. I'm on the opposite spectrum myself at 5'11, so I can't really speak for shorties, but I have heard where people have a hard time losing if they net more than 1100. Now, if you exercise eat those calories back so you can eat more. I think you need to see how you react to the 1200 calories first though...
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall and I have 1645 as my daily calories goal. Being short is a determining factor, yes, but so is age, current weight and most importantly your activity level. You need to find out your bmr and tdee and go from there. You should never eat net below your bmr, and for me 1200 is below my bmr. So don't just think "Im short I should eat low." It doesnt always work that way. Good luck!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I think you should read this success thread:

4'10" and eats 2000 calories a day?! Eeegads. :-) PICS!
  • bluedust8888
    Options
    Thank you everyone for replying!