Outdoor fitness clothing

Options
Hey guys,

So my bf wants to be more outdoorsy. I love the outdoors during spring/autumn, but he wants to be a rebel and go hiking etc when the warm weather starts.

Now, since I mostly gym at home I don't have much or any outdoor workout clothes. I bought me the trefoil adidas leggings online thinking it would be the kind of leggings you could run in, but you can see through them so that's a no.

Anyway need some names of leggings thats appropriate to workout in. I don't want the traditional hiking pants from northface etc since I live near the beach I think leggings/pants would work best as I can wear them to go running/beach yoga etc.

Oh I will be shopping online so the places that I can buy from have the usual big brand names.

Also ps: Are there any sneakers that match the amazing awesomeness of comfort that Merrell Barefoot range has? I'm so inlove with those sneakers and I don't like sneakers at all I gym barefoot.

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Most running shoe manufacturers have a minimalist line (which seems to be what you're going for). But if you like the Merrell Barefoot series, why change?

For hiking in the summer, you *do* want slightly loose, lightweight cargo pants. (Or at least I do.)

I can't imagine running or doing beach yoga in the summer in spandexy leggings (unless we have different ideas of "summer"), but I can vouch for the non-transparency of these Spalding capris (which feel like jersey) and these New Balance ones (dry-fit material, much nicer). ETA: I sized down in the Spaldings (and they're still a little big) and wear my normal athleticwear size in the NB.

People also seem to be very pleased with Nike pants/tights, if they work on your body.
  • forcheese
    Options
    Thanks cheshirecat, I'm not a hiker at all so I might be delusional in thinking I can find an item I can wear for all three.

I like the merrell range a lot, but since I order everything (well 90%) of my stuff online I can't always find a seller thats willing to ship to my house so it would be nice to know other shoes I could try.

That's why I asked for options from other users since the stuff I can find in the shops are all spandex/weird lycra material. I just want something I don't have to worry about that's comfy, but still very light since the summers here are ridiculous (which is why I workout in front of a fan in my house).

The country is also very uhm modest and will have no problem staring if they deem you inappropriately dressed so lol uhm weird question, but do you have to worry about the ones you mentioned bunching up in places you don't want it to? I of course wear very baggy tops when I go out in "tights", but still I don't want to be picking at my pants.

• forcheese
    Options
    Also ps: I know for a fact NB is very popular here so I could probably find that pants online (not sure about sizing though), but it seems the kind of pants that sits very tight on you like the ones you have to peel off of you?