Help me! I'm un motivated D:

Options
Hi my names rose I'm 20 with a goal of dropping 25kg if dropped 5 when I weighed 15 kg less and stopped for a bit and gained it all back plus more which has decreased motivation !!!any advice or tips?

Replies

• fro60ol
    fro60ol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just keep working working hard
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You are not completely unmotivated - or you would not be here.
    Weight loss is simply calories in vs. calories out.
    In order to change what you weight you need to change the difference in calorie consumption vs. calorie expenditure.
    You can choose to eat less, exercise more, or both.
    Since you have such an issue with motivation; you might find changing what you eat to be easier.
    Start with one simple thing to change. Maybe just what you do for breakfast? Or what you take to eat at work. Once you make one change and you have committed to it, then go and make another change. Until you have changed how you live and can maintain the weight you want to have.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If you have previous history of losing then gaining, I have one key and absolutely magical weight loss word for you:

"Sustainability"

This thread is probably the best place to start, both for information and motivation. If you tackle things slowly, in an informed way and are gentle on yourself, it's not so daunting and it has a chance of lasting.

Congrats on your decision, coming here was the first step in the proverbial 1000-step journey to your dreams - you can do it!
  • rgarcia9795
    Options
    Thank you very much, I had an obsession with the gym and lost 5 kg in about 3-4 weeks and didn't lose anything after that hence why I stopped.

You guys have great advice ^.^ thank you, i am slightly motivated and excited to be starting again just a bit scared on taking the first step into it as last time I disappointed myself and gained double what I wanted to lose I was better before I decided to lose weight but now I know I can't stop and it's just getting into the habit and having support
  • Dthomas1979
    Options
    hello.... at night I go on youtube and listen to a hypnotist that keeps me motivated and focused so far it is working you could maybe give that a try. its under Ultimate Weight Loss Hypnosis-- 30 day challenge lose weight fast. I started it 2 days ago and each time I fall asleep to it and I wake up refreshed and ready to do what I need to do as far as exersize and eating right.... The other thing I am trying is an online course for belly dancing. there is regular belly dancing and there is belly dancing for workout im not sure if anyone is interested in that but that as well is on youtube...
  • stsanche
    stsanche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Are you making sustainable changes to your diet? Banning something from my diet just doesn't seem to work for me. I don't track my macros that closely. I just eat a little bit differently on my non-workout days. This whole thing started for me when I decided just to track what I eat without making one change. I did that for about a week (the plan was to track for a month or so). It didn't take me long to realize that the food and quantities I had grown accustomed to eating where so much more than I needed. I haven't made much changes to my diet. I just don't eat the whole frozen pizza anymore and the like. The only things I can say I have mostly eliminated from my diet are pasta and white rice. I will eat them on occasion but I won't make them at home anymore. Portion control was huge for me. Best of luck to you. Start small and go from there. Also, I started drinking more water.
  • newalker2014
    Options
    Great advice from all of you. I have been on the diet , sometimes exercise, forever. I lose weight then gain it back, but slowly. I believe I am in a more positive state of mind than I have been in years, and will continue to try and motivate myself to exercise. I watch the videos, lol. I think that putting your good in this ap is half my battle. I am learning a lot about carbs and what I am putting into my body. I will say that eating vegetarian changed my life and weight by 25 pounds and have kept if off. Now for the rest - I will obtain being slender. Thanks again everyone!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    If you can go work out in the gym consistently every other day, and then either rest or do light exercise on the days off, combined with healthy diet and calorie counting, that's your best bet. The gym is hard at first but becomes self reinforcing after about a month. Your muscles will swell with water at first so I usually recommend avoiding the scale for the first 2 weeks.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    And make sure you get enough protein! I know it's easy to fall short on that eating a vegetarian diet. Nuts are a good source. Eggs are if they are part of what you're allowed to have. The beans and rice combo is supposed to give you a complete protein as well.
  • rgarcia9795
    Options
    Aww thanks guys, I think I found my motivation I was very happy and felt amazing when I exercised and eat well, I didn't so much restrict the things I ate I tried cutting out all things fried and stuff like that I still ate chocolate hehe dark n small amounts but the cravings omg.

Thank you I will definitely kept everything in mind and I can not wait to get back on track.

I will definitely start easing back into it and get back into the gym and with a great support system I'll definitely keep going