Dudes eating below 2000 calories

Options
124»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Either way it relates to cals in being more than they should be compared to your cals out.

Yeah I get the science explanation for it but I just don't understand why my calorie figure to do this is seemingly so much lower than even a tiny female. And why would 2300 work for, what, 20 weeks in a row, then stop on a dime the next week. Why wouldn't it gradually slow down? It was pretty much right under 1lb all those weeks then it stopped. That doesn't make sense.

I'm guessing you are being impatient as hell and assuming that not seeing much or any change on the scale for a short time means you are not losing weight.

So, drop cals or eat to maintenance for a month for a break and drop 20% again to see if the break does you good and gives you a new higher starting point to work from.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    6ft4 and I eat 2700 cals a day to lose about 1lb per week without exercise calories. I was down at 1950 at one point, but I found anything below 2300 is unsustainable for me and makes me hangry.

Personally, I think at the beginning of weight loss you should drop your cals below where you need them for a week or so and then once your body is used to less food gradually increase your calories to a more reasonable deficit. But that is what's sustainable for me. A lot of pain in the beginning and then a gradual ease off so the rest is smooth sailing.