what kind exercises routine are u doing???

Options
2»

Replies

• sebenza512
    sebenza512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm in a training class 4x a week using kettlebells, TRX and medicine balls. Awesome strength training with a good cardio component. I should add on some other activity for 2 other days, but haven't figured out what that is yet.
  • yokii29
    yokii29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone for info and advise...
  • christinabsmith5
    Options
    I think I am doing something completely wrong lol I am on week 5 of P90. I do that 6 days a week which I did P90X a few years back and it was so intense that nothing I do feels like it is worth my time. I also do a Zumba class twice a week if there are no snow delays and I ship my kids out the house! The class has older ladies so I am afraid that even tho we shake it and move it for an hour, that its maybe low key to accommodate them. I feel muscles form easily and I feel like I'm bulking up instead of slimming down. I sweat my *kitten* off, but I'm so over weight, I expected that. My oldest son says that I need to do all cardio before I can tone. I am very overweight but not out of shape if that makes sense lol I don't know what's wrong with my knees but they grind going down stairs and I ache at night so the insanity and HIIT type stuff seem out of the question for me. I could bike, walk, and lightly jog until the cows come home tho. Have stamina, just still have fat in the problem areas! Sorry for the novel!
  • Anjera
    Anjera Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I go for classes like: Piloxing(Mon), Aerobics(Tues), 45mins Rope Skipping or 60minutes Jogging(Wed), Hatha Yoga(Thurs), Abs Buns & Thighs exercise(Fri) and Aqua Aerobics(Sat). I will try to go for a 60minute jog on Sunday, if I'm not tired.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I do whatever my programmer comes up with for me. Sunday's are team training and a lot of fun (well, my definition of fun includes some combination of boards/bands/chains for bench and either squats or deads). Monday through Friday are individual training sessions - sometimes I meet up with a teammate but we are all on different cycles so doing different things. Sum total of 7-10 hours a week most cycles.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Rehab exercises from PT + matwork & bodyweight stuff (glute bridges, partial squats, step-ups, touchdowns, back extension on roman chair) + some weighted moves (cable kickbacks, anterior leg raises, leg curls) - 20-30 mins, 4/7 days

Elliptical or stationary cycling - 45-50 mins, 4/7 days (after the other stuff)

For the cycling, I've been doing intervals for speed in the first half (up to 160 rpm at level 5, now) and for resistance in the second (up to level 11 this week :) ). I usually do 1 minute on and 1 minute off, going up in resistance every minute. I'm trying to also increase the duration of "on" intervals to 2 minutes when I can. I'm talking a lot about this because I'm happy I'm making progress on something :/

On the elliptical - which I hate btw, it's just what I'm stuck with - I do the "leg" routine & keep my heart rate above 140

I swim every now and then (the schedule is a pain)

I know my ankle won't ever be right, am more hopeful about my knees, and I'm not sure about my wrist/forearm. But if the wrist and knees get better, I'd like to

- lift using compound moves
    - row, on machine and water (never tried it on the water, have only done canoeing & loved it)
    - play volleyball
    - try paddleboarding
    - get back into dancing
  • carameske
    Options
    I'm lucky in that currently I don't have a car, so my commute involves a mandatory 40-60 minutes of walking each day. Additionally to that, I walk 20-40 minutes on lunch and try to stand most of the day(in spite of my very sit down job). I've had different exercise routines in the past, but I've found that doing much more than this makes it more difficult to control my eating habits. In the past I've followed Stumptuous's beginner weight lifting routines, done some HIIT, taken Bootcamp classes (which are very fun, I just injured my ankle while doing them or else I would have kept going with them), as well as Body Combat and Zumba.

It depends on what you're exercising for - right now I get some more intense cardio and bone strength going on with just skipping rope whenever I'm home and have the energy. If you're looking to build muscle and/or look stunning, weight lifting is definitely a good means to that end. If you're looking to stay healthy and do something fun, zumba or other group classes are great. If you want to get more flexible and help calm a restless mind, yoga's quite nice. Over the next few months I'll be easing in some strength exercises, biking and yoga, partly in an effort to look better and partly in an effort to be healthier and stronger. Try different things and never go overboard, as it's going overboard that tends to find me in a lazy slump again later, possibly nursing a long term injury.

Always make sure what you do can be sustained in most weather conditions and doesn't conflict with the rest of your life - if you decide to do something three to five times a week in the evenings, and then you keep having to turn down friends for nights out or rarely do anything interesting with your S/O anymore, you'll eventually feel pretty miserable and fall off the wagon. You can try doing any exercise first thing in the morning before you shower, but you will likely need to compensate by going to bed earlier. Short HIIT or Tabata might not be so invasive, just 5-15 minutes each morning in addition to regular walking would likely be sustainable for the long term while keeping you healthy.

Just be careful with your heart rate - both Isaac Hayes and Rik Mayall died of heart attacks just after running, which doesn't mean "don't run" or "don't exert yourself", but it certainly means "don't go to war against your heart. Take it easy and listen to your body, increase the amount of stress slowly and give it plenty of time to calm down afterwards.
  • PurplePogoPunk
    PurplePogoPunk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do a HIIT circuit training DVD like 30 day shred 4 nights a week and a longer cardio session with weight training at the weekend. Planning to add a morning cardio when I get a cross trainer bike in the next couple of weeks.
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think I am doing something completely wrong lol I am on week 5 of P90... I feel muscles form easily and I feel like I'm bulking up instead of slimming down...

I have been doing P90 for well... I just finished my 1st week of the C series so 53 days?... anyways while I find this a great program, I dont find it as even or resulting as the first power 90 was... When I did that one I weighed 261 and lost 22 pounds in the 1st 2 months, this one I started at 249 and have lost only 10 pounds, even tho this one is far more challenging. where in the 1st power 90 you did 3 Sweat and 3 Sculpt it balanced out and while you lost weight the flab also diminished b/c of the sculpting, so I never found the skin hanging much... it does seem that this one is created to make muscle as I have also worked my butt off and tracked my calories trying not to use any calories gained by exercise and have seen gains instead of losses at times. Lately I have been switching weeks, one week is 3 Sweat and 2 Sculpt and the next is 3 sculpt and 2 Sweat allong with the SS... thats seems to help with seeing losses, at least it has the last couple weeks... just a thought. not sure what I'm going to do once I'm done P90... maybe try T25 again as my legs may be able to handle it... might even do P90 again along with the running I am starting up in a couple weeks.... good luck!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am doing insanity max 30 6 days a week, strength training 4 times a week, elliptical trainer when I fancy it and when the weather improves I will run 3 days a week. I also take a 2 hour dance class on a Monday. Yoga occasionally. I also walk my dog twice a day.
  • lancehanners1
    Options
    I do two type of splits, first off I do cardio 20 min. Mon and Thur I do chest and tri, Mon is heavy weight and Thur is low weight high reps and for that I do 3 set of 45 seconds. Tue and Fri are back and bi, see above for difference in days. Wednesday is legs, and I finish off every day with abs. On the weekend I hike or bike.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    yokii29 wrote: »
    I want to know what kind exercises routine are doing during week?? I trying to finger out what to do?? Thanks

do what you like doing...

I like riding my bike a lot and doing Olympic lifting.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Do something that works for you... that you enjoy and helps you get to your goals.

I like to mix it up a lot, but a sample week for me would be:
    Sun-Swim for an hour
    Mon- Cardio at the gym (a mix of rowing, elliptical, and bike, with doing intervals on certain machines) for an hour; or a 5-6 mile walk
    Tues- Aqua aerobics
    Weds- Light weight lifting at home, or a rest day
    Thurs- Swim for an hour; or rest day
    Friday- Gym workout- a mix of cardio and strength training
    Sat- Gym workout- cardio and strength; or a 5-6 mile walk

I am really working on losing weight and getting healthy and so exercise is a huge part of my plan. I also have to walk to my gym/pool, about 1km each way so that's my warm up and cool down usually. My routine depends on the weather (if it's nice, I'll choose to walk instead of go to the gym), and my schedule that week, but I try to get in 30 min. to an hour 5-6 days a week of something.

I'm also starting training for a swimming race in April so I may see a lot more of the pool in the next couple months! But that is because I love swimming and it is something I can do well.
  • SFDonovan
    SFDonovan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Last year I did Les Mills Body Pump at a gym for about 50 minutes on Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays. It was killer. Now I'm doing two circuits of all upper body of my own cardio routine on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays for about 40 minutes. 30 seconds between each exercise. On Mondays, Wednesday, and Friday and do a 25-30 minute bodyweight squat and lunge routine at home.