Soups! Soups! Soups!

Options
2»

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Here is a soup recipe I just found under the MFP BLOG tab. There are always good recipes there if you want to check it out.

Easy White Bean & Spinach Soup
    Ingredients
    • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    • 3 small leek bulbs, outer layers removed, chopped
    • 1 medium onion, chopped
    • 1 teaspoon salt, divided
    • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    • 1 (28-ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes (certified gluten-free if necessary)
    • 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (certified gluten-free if necessary)
    • 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
    • 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (certified gluten-free if necessary)

Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
    2.In a Dutch oven or large oven-safe pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the leek, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
    3.Add the tomatoes (plus juices), beans, spinach and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and transfer to the oven. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the spinach has wilted, 25 to 30 minutes.
    (I took mine out of the oven after 25 minutes and gave it a good stir, and then placed it back in the oven for 5 more minutes).
    4. Stir in the other 1/2 teaspoon of salt and enjoy!
    Nutrition Information
    Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 of dish
    Per serving: Calories: 262; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 688mg; Carbohydrate: 46g; Dietary Fiber: 11g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 11g
    Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 1127mg; Iron: 8%; Vitamin A: 31%; Vitamin C: 30%; Calcium: 6%