Craving support from like minded lifestylers- not crash dieters!

Options
Late in 2014 I decided to make some conscious changes to my lifestyle to drop weight and get more active-Yay Me, right?
But today I'm feeling annoyed and I'm really doubting the longevity of support I can rely on from the forums and MFP friends. I guess that's making me unsure of my success and that makes me angry so I'm venting.

I'm not annoyed because I haven't received some awesome support, and I currently have some very wonderful support friends-but because I keep "meeting" people on MFP forums and have friended- and may subsequently unfriend because they are still doing the "diet" thing- have as far as I can tell learned nothing via the forums/resources they are participating in...and we all know the definition of insanity. It's like there is no willingness to acquire and practice the wonderful advice and resources at the same time as they are participating here- don't get me started about the hypocrisy of certain frequent flyers!
I'm literally seeing diaries of nothing short of crash dieting and eating junk food to fill caloric take and then the posted comments whining about results or lack there of. Drama.
I'm annoyed because I'm not trying to change my next 6 months, rather my next 60 years (ok long shot but willing if I keep working on my fitness!). I'm frustrated because I've literally been living with my conscious food choices and my engaging in activity (which IS a major acknowledgement of the change in my lifestyle), just like I said I would- I guess I thought I would find more people who were also ready to do the same?!
Why am I seeing "friends" starving at less than 1200 calories, killing themselves doing Max whatever or T blah blah 6 or 7 days a week???
Just stop it, I need honesty and integrity in real life choices. Not inflated ego bs.
Thanks for letting me vent MFP'ers. I'm scoandmur and I have an open diary- all the good, not so good and oh there's wine and cookies in there too.

Replies

• anarchysbitch
    anarchysbitch Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes, completely agree!
  • kimhere
    kimhere Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with the crash dieters and people starving themselves. I like doing workouts at home but have done the different DVDs for years not as a crash workout thing. I don't have a weight loss goal just being healthy. I live a healthy lifestyle, I don't diet, and I don't compare the way I eat to others. I love hearing about people hitting their goals, helping when their struggling, and accepting different lifestyles as long as they are healthy :)
  • Mikeyloye
    Mikeyloye Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    People do seem to turn to the app when they want to lose, it's a tool to help make better choices and some wealth of experience.

I have heard some crack pot ideas on here too, pinch of salt. I am doing is working I am happy. And from that I will make better choices