Winter Exercise

Options
I finally got rid of my ancient treadmill when we moved a few weeks ago. We haven't joined a gym yet, and frankly, I'm not great at driving in the snow. I love to ride my bike in the summer, but there isn't even enough road out there to walk, even if I wanted to endure the cold. What are your best ideas to keep moving in the dead of winter? Has anyone tried a subscription service like Daily Burn?ysp7b4escxsy.jpg

Replies

• lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My exercise bike and strength exercises in the comfort of my home on days I don't ride x
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    If you just moved, it will take some time for your body to adapt to the cold and, in addition, having the right clothing helps immensely. I go for shorter walks outside (I notice lovely woods in that picture - maybe you could start exploring them. Tramping through snow expends a lot more energy than walking on dry pavement.). Having a dog helps me actually get out lol. There are any number of exercise DVDs out there that folks might recommend~
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    With that much snow, I'd be breaking out my snowshoes. Shovelling snow's a good workout, too, but not nearly as much fun as snowshoeing.
  • nissanmama
    nissanmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of acres of woods and I have thought about exploring them. Where does one even buy snow shoes?