Confession

Options
Confession: didn't have time (or enough Almond Milk) to make my smoothie this morning and I was stressed from rushing to get my boys to school, so I stopped at Mickey D's and had an Egg White Delight McMuffin combo! Felt sick to my stomach after I ate because I haven't had McDonalds in months, but it is what it is. I fell off track a little, but I have the rest of today to make better choices! No need to beat myself up too badly, right? On a much happier note: I won my Dietbet this morning and lost 4% of my weight since 1/5!! Don't know how much I've won, but whatever I won is going towards a pair of new running sneakers!!! Have a great Thursday, Everyone!!!

Replies

• Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow, I don't even know what a white egg delight is! Surely it could have been worse?!
    I think sometimes it's good to have these foods and for you to not feel good after otherwise you can crave them and imagine them to be better than they really are! Congrats on your diet bet! X
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I love McDonald's Egg White Delight, they're so good, so I can understand the temptation. But the upside is you didn't get too far off track. I cracked today and got a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup out of the vending machine today, I enjoyed every fattening bite until it was gone and then I wanted to put it back lol.

Fortunately for all of us, this is a journey that is going to have a lot of ups and downs. We're going to make mistakes, and slip ups, and days where we feel like we're going absolutely nowhere. But the important thing is that we bounce back from those moments (some faster than others) and the make the best of this journey to a healthier life.

Also, Congrats on the Dietbet :smiley:!
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    AHHH! I had a similar scenario like that! I ate pizza the night before my weigh in at my gym and lost a ton of weight! My trainer rationalized my bad eating habits the night before though and said it probably made me dehydrated or something?? I can't remember... I haven't eaten out in almost a month now! I know all too well that sickening feeling!
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what you're beating yourself up about. The Egg White Delight wouldn't be my first choice for a healthy breakfast but it's not a bad choice.
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well of all the things you could have ordered for breakfast, you definitely chose well. Compared to everything else on the menu, they aren't that bad. But they are pretty yummy. Life happens and we have to roll with the punches when it does. You are a sharp lady and obviously you are having great success with your goals. You can afford to fall off the wagon from time to time. Making excellent choices the rest of the day will help you right yourself and I bet it will be like that egg white delight never even happened. Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know we aren't alone in the struggle. We are just human after all. Enjoy the rest of your day. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!