Alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to give up anything, just make it fit.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Alcohol has a LOT of calories! A typical beer could have 110-150 calories a bottle. Bailey's (my favorite lol) has about 250 cals per 1/2 cup. (These are estimates, Im at work but I have a whole page on alcohol and it's calories) So if you're over your intake you won't loose. :)

What kind of beer are you drinking for 110 calories per bottle?! :p I usually figure 150 on the lighter end and 250-300 for the really robust stuff.

That's what I was thinking...no REAL beer has less than 200 calories a bottle

#beersnob
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have never been much of a drinker. I didn't drink at all for a decade. Now I could have a glass of wine, two times a month at most, but often not at all. When I started again in my 30's it was easy for me at first to overdo it and not know my tolerance. I don't like drinking. I do tend to eat more if I drink.
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 pounds this month mainly from cutting back from having 1-2 glasses of white wine a night to waiting until the weekends to have wine. I started on Weight Watchers and I save my 49 extra points for my wine and a nice dinner on Saturday. I also keep plenty of healthy snacks around (almonds, walnuts, string cheese, and 100 cal popcorn) so if my guard is down that I am not eating something I shouldn't. You have lost 50 pounds so you must be doing something right. Best of luck!
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ya I think cutting it out helps a lot. It's *kitten* bc when ur trying to cut that xtra 10lbs not going out for a drink with the girls is the best thing to do. Or u can go out and try to have one drink lol :blush: but we all know that won't happen
  • Spinnmaster
    Spinnmaster Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did a 30 day alcohol fast a few years ago and I lost more weight than ever before. It was tough for about a week, then it became a piece of cake. I definitely recommend it!
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has a LOT of calories! A typical beer could have 110-150 calories a bottle. Bailey's (my favorite lol) has about 250 cals per 1/2 cup. (These are estimates, Im at work but I have a whole page on alcohol and it's calories) So if you're over your intake you won't loose. :)

What kind of beer are you drinking for 110 calories per bottle?! :p I usually figure 150 on the lighter end and 250-300 for the really robust stuff.

Coors light is 102, mgd 143 , kokanee 150 :)
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

That's what I was thinking...no REAL beer has less than 200 calories a bottle

#beersnob

"Real" beer? Okay. I'll stick to my not-really-real-beer and keep loosing my weight thank you.
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's a fact that once the buzz comes, discipline heads right out the door and calories come dancing though the same door. If you can stick to one beer/one glass of wine a day, there is not harm; but if Friday night comes and it's time to party, then it's easy to blow a weeks accomplishment in a night.........I speak from multiple experiences of course ;)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

Coors light is 102, mgd 143 , kokanee 150 :)

You're welcome to them, of course, if that's what you like.

I'd never heard of Kokanee until I looked it up -- it looks like an standard industrial North American lager.

FWIW, I've lost a lot of weight drinking a lot of craft beer. In moderation, of course.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I did a 30 day alcohol fast a few years ago and I lost more weight than ever before. It was tough for about a week, then it became a piece of cake. I definitely recommend it!

Says someone who has 25lbs to lose on their ticker. And what happened when you stopped "fasting" - you had no idea of how to fit the alcohol calories into your diet and they became part of re-weight gain I'm guessing.

• barry1992
    barry1992 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm still having a drink weekends but log it all. I'm sure I would get where I wanna be quicker without but I need a pleasure in life
  • DeliVibes
    DeliVibes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Anytime I've gone long periods without alcohol I definitely notice a difference. However, I don't think it has much to do with the calories from drink rather than the calories I consume from junk food because of drink. Anytime I drink I will eat crap at some stage.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm going to cut out alcohol to see if it helps me lose faster. I tend to drink strong drinks and now that I'm older I am really starting to hate hangovers. I hate feeling tired and shaky the next day. Plus it causes me to have cravings and even though I stay within my points I feel less in control. I'm gonna try it out for a month. My last drink was on during the superbowl.