Tips for Adding Flavor to Coffee without Fat?

Options
Cannotpickname
Cannotpickname Posts: 9 Member
I've been doing coconut oil, brown sugar and almond milk for a while, but I honestly don't need the added fat and the flavor has gotten monotonous. Any ideas on spices or anything to add that will add flavor without fat?

My base coffee is generally Peet's Major Dickason's.

I saw cardamom as an idea, definitely worth a try! Anything else?

Replies

• keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people who use cocoa powder and/or cinnamon. If you are looking for liquid flavored creamers, International Delight just came out with some flavors that are fat free and sugar free, though I have no idea (and I am not optimistic about) what the ingredient list looks like.
  • llovely58
    Options
    How about a peppermint hard candy ? 20 calories - let it 'melt'. yummo !!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I like drinking my coffee while I have a Fireball in my mouth. It adds a cinnamon flavor to the coffee.

Another addition that I like is Coconut Flavored Syrup like Davinci Coconut Flavored Syrup. The Coconut is zero calorie, but I imagine that some of the other flavors are as well.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Tea drinker here, but I doctor mine all the same. There are sugar-free syrups if you aren't afraid of non-caloric sweeteners. I like vanilla and pumpkin spice. I am a fan of cinnamon too. How about powdered milk for creaminess?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I often add cinnamon...either after it is brewed, or to the grounds before if I remember. It's also good with pumpkin pie spice or vanilla extract or some nutmeg or ginger.