Food obsession!!

Options
My whole life ive had an unhealthy relationship with food.. either im eating too much, starving myself, dieting or obsessed with eating healthy! I want to loose some weight but I just want to stop thinking about food! What im having next meal, or how little ive eaten all day. Any ideas on how to stop thinking about food?!

Replies

• yummymummy19892015
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Im the same!! Its hard! I just eat little and often low cal foods and exercise more! I have only just started though! Weekends are the worst! :)
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! If you figure it out, let me know. All I think about is what I'm going to eat, what I'm going to do for my workout, did I get enough protein, did I get enough fiber, what do I need to get at the grocery store... it's exhausting.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The only trick I would say if you find yourself obsessing over food is to prepare ahead of time. Then you do have to spend a bit thinking about it, but after you're done planning you just go about your day, and then when it's meal time it's already planned out so it doesn't require extra thought.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I would recommend looking up "if it fits your macros". I was a clean eater for years and had so much guilt everytime I had a cheat day or any "bad" food.

Since switching to iifym, there is no more guilt. Once I reach my daily macronutrients and micronutrients, any remaining calories are mine to do with as I please. No guilt. Stay within your calories (select a reasonable and sustainable rate of loss, so you don't burn out), hit your nutrition ( there are lots of online calculators to tell you your daily minimum of protein and fat), and learn to stop seeing food as good or bad.

Edit to add: the way iifym helps with your relationship with food is that it doesn't classify foods as good or bad. There are no off limit foods so long as they fit within your daily calories and nutritional goals.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As someone who's been all over the eating disorder spectrum, I thought/worried/stressed about food a lot less when everything was planned out. I planned my meals for the week on the weekend, bought groceries, and pre-logged the week. I tried to leave 200-300 "free" calories. They'd usually go to wine or chocolate in the evening, or if things changed (coworkers wanted to go out to lunch, happy hour with friends, etc.) I had wiggle room. There was no worrying if I was eating the right amount, stress about what I was going to eat for dinner, or guilt over something I'd eaten. It also makes it a lot easier to hit your macros when everything's planned in advance...