Muscle gain vs lbs lost

Options
I had benn steadily taking off 1-2 lbs per week, following my goal but as I increased excercise the weight lost stopped. Even went up a time or two. Any suggestions how to keep the pounds coming off while I still have lots of weight and fat to lose but tone up at same time without gaining?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's far more likely to be water weight than muscle gain. Muscle gain just doesn't happen that fast. But it's really common to see a stall or slight gain on the scale when you first start or increase your exercise routine. Your body tends to flood sore muscles with excess fluid to help cushion and repair the muscles. But it's temporary and should even out after a couple of weeks as your body gets used to the increased movement.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's far more likely to be water weight than muscle gain. Muscle gain just doesn't happen that fast. But it's really common to see a stall or slight gain on the scale when you first start or increase your exercise routine. Your body tends to flood sore muscles with excess fluid to help cushion and repair the muscles. But it's temporary and should even out after a couple of weeks as your body gets used to the increased movement.
    +1
  • pallascleary
    pallascleary Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hadn't thought if the water but thank you!