Misfit Shine

Options
Hi, I'm looking at getting the Misfit Shine. I've heard awesome things about it. I've also heard the app for it, sucks.. I have a Samsung 3s. I'd love to hear more about this device and the app. :) Thank you!

Replies

• Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use a Misfit Shine with an S3. It's super light weight, comfortable to wear 24/7 with the sportband, but also comes with a waistband clip, and there are other accessories you can buy if you want to wear it in "dressy" mode. I haven't had occasion to buy any of these, though.

It works great for tracking running/walking or probably cycling, swimming, basketball, or other high activity, repetitive motion type things, but you won't really get any "activity points" (and therefore it won't really count calorie burn) for strength training or yoga type activities. My husband has it's little brother, the Flash, which according to reviews online has the same tracking hardware/software in a less stylish package. He primarily uses the elliptical for cardio, and it doesn't really seem to track actively on there when he wears it on his wrist, but works a little better on his waistband or shirt. I haven't tried the Shine on the elliptical yet, though.

The Android app is missing a lot of the things they advertise, which are all apparently in the iPhone app, but it does what I need it to - counts steps/activity, tracks my sleep, keeps me motivated to light up all the lights every day, and syncs well with MFP and MapMyFitness. There's a social aspect, but you can't communicate with your "friends" - you can only see their activity points for the day and who's leading, etc. That said, if you end up getting one, my username is grove_angel - feel free to add me!
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • goferrisgo
    Options
    I also have the Shine...I love the sleep function, and since I work in a warehouse the step tracker is great. I am thinking of investing in the stainless steel band however; I have had to put two of those goofy rainbow bands over the top as it can pop out of the original band if I knock it just right.
  • branlovesu
    branlovesu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've used the misfit with both and iPhone and a droid & personally I like it with the droid a lot better! It syncs so much faster!
  • Sammi1244
    Sammi1244 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love the product and the app. The app doesn't do alot(i.e. doesn't allow allow custom filtering, analyzing of data), but it gives you the data you need! I use Android, as well. I tried so many (expensive to cheap) and of all, I love my Misfit Flash most. I am hoping to try out the Basis Peak (if it ever comes back in stock) and the Up3 and Amiigo, if they ever make it to the market. But for now, I am VERY happy with the Misfit Flash. If you have a Misfit, add me as a friend: sammi1244 :smiley:

Happy Fitness!!
  • WhistlingGirl
    Options
    I just started a new group for Misfit Shine and Misfit Flash users who are looking for a place to talk about the trackers and maximize their use and integration with MFP. All are welcome!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104155-misfit-wearables-user-group
  • acf6b
    acf6b Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have a pebble but have been using the Misfit app with it. It works great as an activity tracker; however, I am having issues with it syncing to mapmyfitness. I can not figure out why it is not working, i average 5 miles of just normal walking that gets tracked by the misfit and then my daily workouts I put into mapmyfitness. but those workouts stopped going to misfit and my steps stopped going from misfit to mapmyfitness. If anyone has an idea to fix it that would be great, I have disconnected and uninstalled everything and reinstalled and reconnected, it just simply won't work but i would love to fix it and use the misfit.